Who can/could kick a goal from 50 on the opposite foot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Snr and Aker were the first two that sprang to mind.

Buddha Hocking was like Mitchell, superb on both feet, I can't remember if he had that sort of length in it though. Another who was superb on his opposite foot was Cameron Mooney, I don't think I can recall him kicking any long goals on his opposite though. Danger is another that has done it and as already mentioned is very capable of doing it on a regular basis.

Yeah Aker and joop are on god level. I'm still curious to know of others but they are inferior

About 3:10 in, two from 60+ on the non preferred in the same game in 2001.

Those goals are remarkable

It's no wonder when he shredded his groin he was able to carry on in the GF using the other side.

From a WC point of view today - the only one to go close would be luke shuey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aker is the GOAT on his non preferred from distance.

Look at the first goal, 20 seconds in, there is no way you can tell that it's his non preferred, just inside 50 on the run. I couldn't find any from outside 50 on the left but there were plenty.

Nope that title belongs to Daicos

Gary Ablett Senior would do this without even thinking twice about it.

Yep; Senior is yer man here, regularly kicked long bomb goals on his left, I remember him kicking 2 from outside fiddy on his left against the Bulldogs in a final in '92; we were getting spanked to that stage too; then bang, bang, Ablett has the Cats back in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back