Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
We have seen a few failed attempts of NRL to AFL but who could go the other way?
Watching Reid today for a split second I thought maybe he would be better at NRL?
Trying to think of others with potential for the switch past or present, maybe Leigh Matthews?, Mcleod (maybe too light?), Dangerfield, Fevola?, Franklin?

We have seen a few failed attempts of NRL to AFL but who could go the other way?
Watching Reid today for a split second I thought maybe he would be better at NRL?
Trying to think of others with potential for the switch past or present, maybe Leigh Matthews?, Mcleod (maybe too light?), Dangerfield, Fevola?, Franklin?
Have some contacts at Cricket Victoria and they are worried more than ever that these kids who don't make state squads earn will be lured by the bright lights of the AFL when they get to 21, 22, 23.

Will Parker was a former first round prospect, its not like hes coming from a long way back. See Alex Keath who was also a former top 10 prospect.

Have some contacts at Cricket Victoria and they are worried more than ever that these kids who don't make state squads earn will be lured by the bright lights of the AFL when they get to 21, 22, 23.

Will Parker was a former first round prospect, its not like hes coming from a long way back. See Alex Keath who was also a former top 10 prospect.
I thought cricket has the most opportunity it has ever had with all the high paying t20 competitions around now. Before it seemed like if your not playing for Australia might as well try something else.

Probably not as easy as you think, even for the one's that look likely.

Whole lot of RL fans thought Israel Falou would find it easy to dominate the AFL, such was their arrogance. Instead a whole lot of humble pie was eaten.

They're very different sports that require different builds and athletic attributes. I don't think it's that feasible for anyone to transition from one to the other unless they had already played it as a junior.

They're very different sports that require different builds and athletic attributes. I don't think it's that feasible for anyone to transition from one to the other unless they had already played it as a junior.
Yes wouldn't be easy but who would you chose as the best contender?
Lafou from Richmond was on Storm list right? He hasn't done much but probably looks better than the other two attempts.

Yes wouldn't be easy but who would you chose as the best contender?
Lafou from Richmond was on Storm list right? He hasn't done much but probably looks better than the other two attempts.
Lefau gives a bit of a contest and at least played a bit of Aussie Rules as a teenager, but he does seem a bit lost at times.

To answer your question though, Sean Darcy could play as a front rower and eat metres I reckon.

I thought cricket has the most opportunity it has ever had with all the high paying t20 competitions around now. Before it seemed like if your not playing for Australia might as well try something else.
Only the very elite players get the big t20 contracts. The rest play for peanuts.

Esava Ratugolea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a thought bubble…
But for soccer you need quick pace, great ball skills, high level evasive skills, not too bulky a frame and the ability to quickly read the play.
Maybe these guys would have what it takes to have been decent soccer players;
Nick Daicos, Josh Daicos, Izak Rankine, Charlie Cameron, Josh Rachele, Shai Bolton, Bailey Fritsch, Sam Walsh, Gryan Miers, Jack Ginnivan, Errol Gulden, Caleb Serong

Just a thought bubble…
But for soccer you need quick pace, great ball skills, high level evasive skills, not too bulky a frame and the ability to quickly read the play.
Nick Daicos, Josh Daicos, Izak Rankine, Charlie Cameron, Josh Rachele, Shai Bolton, Bailey Fritsch, Sam Walsh, Gryan Miers, Jack Ginnivan, Errol Gulden, Caleb Serong…
Messi (miers) I think Rachele had to choose between the two.

Lefau gives a bit of a contest and at least played a bit of Aussie Rules as a teenager, but he does seem a bit lost at times.

To answer your question though, Sean Darcy could play as a front rower and eat metres I reckon.
I want to know if your username is directed at Tyrone vickery or summer heights high.

Someone like a Nick Daicos would be a handy half back I would've thought.

Heeney seems like a fullback or centre type.

Not sure who would be a hooker- maybe a Charlie Cameron type.

Just a thought bubble…
Nick Daicos, Josh Daicos, Izak Rankine, Charlie Cameron, Josh Rachele, Shai Bolton, Bailey Fritsch, Sam Walsh, Gryan Miers, Jack Ginnivan, Errol Gulden, Caleb Serong…
Gulden was just saying in a post-match interview on Thursday that he plays soccer, and his dad played soccer at a pretty decent level back in Turkey.

Just a thought bubble…
Agree with this.

I reckon Maynard would make a great centre back. Adam Saad at left back would be a joy to watch.

Plenty of AFL players would be elite goalkeepers as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back