Who couldn’t Malthouse work with at Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it the '82 GF when he had the late fitness test on his injured shoulder / collar bone and failed it and missed out on the game. I'm assuming TJ was the coach. I remember at the time that it happened it was alleged that the test was brutal and it wasn't until virtually the last bump / collision that it gave way again.
Francis Bourke was the coach in 82

Malthouse went to the pies for $

He is exactly like sheedy but with half the creativity .

When push came to shove neither gave two hoots about the tigers and stayed away when we needed them both

Will never forgive them for that
Richmond was a rabble that would knife coaches whenever the opportunity arose.

Why would either go there?

They hate each other. Malthouse was Brad’s coach at the bulldogs, left after 2 seasons with his first winning a Brownlow. No love lost between those 2. I know Brad and he is a lovely guy, I’ve never met Malthouse but he seems like a prick.
Unlike Brad Hardie?
Exactly

Malthouse is an absolute bitter self centred flog.
Hardies not much different

Malthouse is an old school man's man - the likes of which are a dying breed these days

That's a good thing.

It's ok to be old school but he is also behind the times and I instantly switch off when He or Sheedy start giving their opinion about something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TJ

Malthouse has been on record saying when he rocked up for the interview at richmond, TJ pulled out a bottle of wine and Malthouse thought it was a very unprofessional process compared to what Collingwood were doing

Wouldn’t surprise me, had a mate who played around 20 games for Richmond in the early 80’s .... planted one on TJ’s chin then packed his bag never to return. My mate was the nicest bloke you could meet but TJ apparently was a .......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, walked away.

Goaded the club into firing him you mean with a radio spot. Cha Ching.

Yes, that was more accurate, he did everything he could to get fired so he didn't have to deal with the mess he created.

Legend of the game my arse

Was it the '82 GF when he had the late fitness test on his injured shoulder / collar bone and failed it and missed out on the game. I'm assuming TJ was the coach. I remember at the time that it happened it was alleged that the test was brutal and it wasn't until virtually the last bump / collision that it gave way again.

Absolute dumbest idea for a "fitness test" of all time. "Test" an injured body part by actively trying to break it. What did those involved really think was going to happen?

Absolute dumbest idea for a "fitness test" of all time. "Test" an injured body part by actively trying to break it. What did those involved really think was going to happen?
I think the thinking was that he was trying to come back too quickly so best to find out before the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back