Who couldn’t Malthouse work with at Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just reading about Malthouse’s well deserved Hall of Fame entry, the article mentions he could have been the Tigers coach back in 1999 but there was someone at Richmond he couldn’t work with. That someone isn’t named, he ended up at Collingwood & that was that.

Who was at Richmond then that didn’t see eye to eye with him?

Just reading about Malthouse’s well deserved Hall of Fame entry, the article mentions he could have been the Tigers coach back in 1999 but there was someone at Richmond he couldn’t work with. That someone isn’t named, he ended up at Collingwood & that was that.

Who was at Richmond then that didn’t see eye to eye with him?

TJ

Malthouse has been on record saying when he rocked up for the interview at richmond, TJ pulled out a bottle of wine and Malthouse thought it was a very unprofessional process compared to what Collingwood were doing

Don't know the history here, so I'll ask: Why?
They hate each other. Malthouse was Brad’s coach at the bulldogs, left after 2 seasons with his first winning a Brownlow. No love lost between those 2. I know Brad and he is a lovely guy, I’ve never met Malthouse but he seems like a prick.

They hate each other. Malthouse was Brad’s coach at the bulldogs, left after 2 seasons with his first winning a Brownlow. No love lost between those 2. I know Brad and he is a lovely guy, I’ve never met Malthouse but he seems like a prick.

Even Buckley seems to think so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Years back I read Sir Douglas Hawkins' poignant autobiography Hawk Namure and he wasn't too enamoured with Mick's reign of evil at the club either. I must see if I still have it somewhere...

MM is the epitome of w***ererism.

Yeah. Years back I read Sir Douglas Hawkins' poignant autobiography Hawk Namure and he wasn't too enamoured with Mick's reign of evil at the club either. I must see if I still have it somewhere...

Enamoured...good word that.

Must find a copy of this Namure.

Sounds like compelling reading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back