Who cried and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

In January this year I booked my dream trip to USA with no expectations of the Tigers making the finals. When Richmond started playing so well I mentioned to a mate "I bet the only year the Tiges win, I will be overseas!" After being in Toronto for the prelim altered my plans to be in NYC for the grand final. Tried to get into 2 bars but they were packed & ended up finding a Irish Bar to watch. Started to get emotional when Butler kicked that goal in the last quarter but the water works opened up when I saw Richo my hero crying! There was a bit of sobbing during the speeches however it wasn't until being in Times Square at 4am in the morning with Tigers gear that I fell apart.....Best feeling ever!!

Attachments

• 22281978_10154805528445636_6014515080792879272_n.jpg
    22281978_10154805528445636_6014515080792879272_n.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 5
When we were about to beat GWS, I couldn't believe we were going to be in a grand final. It was unreal. Tears started flowing almost instantly... when we won the grand final though there were no tears.. just lots and lots of screaming, hugging and laughing. I still can't believe it!

A little off topic but I also started crying when Roger Federer won the Australian open this year. The way he won beating Nadal. It was amazing, I've been following him since I was a kid and when he won number 18.. I couldn't hold it in.

Last edited:

When we were about to beat GWS, I couldn't believe we were going to be in a grand final. It was unreal. Tears started flowing almost instantly... when we won the grand final though there were no tears.. just lots and lots of screaming, hugging and laughing. I still can't believe it!

A little off topic but I also started crying when Roger Federer won the Australian open this year. The way he won beating Nadal. It was amazing, I've been following him since I was a kid and when he won number 18.. I couldn't hold it in.

You're kidding? Federer?
Each to his own I suppose

No Bull

Started round 23 When I realised we had sewn up a top 4 spot - Mates daughter saw the tears in my eyes and then she started. I Just knew at this point we were a real chance.
Geelong - Not a lot but yeah the anthem and the Army got me in the mood, I was pretty good and just happy to be in a prelim to be honest at the end.
GWS - Oh they flowed, best game bar the Granny and matches Essendon 95 - Went to grab a beer just before the 3 qtr time siren and on the way back Dusty nabbed that special goal, was watching on the Telly screens and I broke down had to prop against a bin tears streaming down my face, got a few looks (didnt care)
Such a great feeling standing old school with quite a few mates from the past .
Grand Final - The usual suspects the Midnght Oil cover started me and then I was pretty good until about the last 10 Minutes (Like everyone) and my god we bawled - Best day ever.
And still going at certain moments of footage and memories and certain FB BF posts

Last edited:
I lost it towards the very end of the GWS game and during the song 100%. Was talking to my Mum on the phone and I couldn't talk, I was just crying.

I usually have split seconds where I feel like I'm going to burst into tears, just during finals matches and the National Anthem. But, I really try hard to hold it together.

In the Grand Final, I didn't really lose it as much, but shed a few tears when Prestia kicked that goal. Houli's goal at the start, to get us going, was a tearful moment too.
Same here, seeing blokes crying in the crowd on TV got me a bit emotional, but seeing Broad unable to sing the song because he was crying was the end for me. Cried like I haven't in years! I'm 44 and a lifelong Tiger, so I guess it was just a relief.

On GF day I was just super excited and pumped, a few tears of joy with mates/family but that's it.

I'm still just extremely happy. And very proud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back