Prediction Who debuts first?

Who cracks a game first

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With our list for 2020 essentially finalised with only the possible addition of a player through the SSP to come, we go into next season with ?? players yet to make their AFL debut.

So which of the following is likely to get first crack at a debut in 2020?

Hamish Brayshaw
Xavier O’Neill
Luke Foley
Bailey Williams
Harry Edwards
Callum Jamieson
Ben Johnson
Anthony Treacy
Mitch O’Neill

My moneys on big Bailey with Treacy a bit of a smokie given at 22 he’s a bit older than the others.

Really excited by Treacy. However, I just watched the highlights of Fredericks, the freo recruit some BF members were laughing about, some random unknown apparently, but jeesuz the kid can play. X Factor and skill in spades. Very evasive - freo have got a beauty there.
Appears Freo have recruited well this off season. The test for them will be keeping all of their kids for years to come to see the fruition unfold

With our list for 2020 essentially finalised with only the possible addition of a player through the SSP to come, we go into next season with ?? players yet to make their AFL debut.

So which of the following is likely to get first crack at a debut in 2020?

Hamish Brayshaw
Xavier O’Neill
Luke Foley
Bailey Williams
Harry Edwards
Callum Jamieson
Ben Johnson
Anthony Treacy
Mitch O’Neill

My moneys on big Bailey with Treacy a bit of a smokie given at 22 he’s a bit older than the others.

54c18fb013b48ee9300b4ba6b6364d78.jpg

If Gov's Achilles surgery takes a long time to recover Harry Edwards would probably replace him.
WCE really really rate Harry Edwards so much so he will put pressure on Barrass if he loses form again next season

Out of curiosity I had a look at players on our list who’d played less than 10 games :

Francis Watson (2)
Josh Rotham (4)
Jarrod Brander (3)
Brayden Ainsworth (3)
Jarrod Cameron (7)

So, out of 43 on our list, about a third (14) have played less than 10 games. Everyone else has played more than 20, with 9 yet to reach 50 games :

Brendon Ah Chee (36)
Tom Cole (41)
Dan Venables (21)
Willie Rioli (38)
Jake Waterman (29)
Tim Kelly (48)
Oscar Allen (23)
Liam Ryan (37)
Jack Petruccelle (23)

If Gov's Achilles surgery takes a long time to recover Harry Edwards would probably replace him.
WCE really really rate Harry Edwards so much so he will put pressure on Barrass if he loses form again next season
That would be cool, Barrass needs preseason training on levelling of the head variety...

Him hanging with Cam (hickster) Mcarthy gives me the weird vibes.

Out of curiosity I had a look at players on our list who’d played less than 10 games :

Francis Watson (2)
Josh Rotham (4)
Jarrod Brander (3)
Brayden Ainsworth (3)
Jarrod Cameron (7)

So, out of 43 on our list, about a third (14) have played less than 10 games. Everyone else has played more than 20, with 9 yet to reach 50 games :

Brendon Ah Chee (36)
Tom Cole (41)
Dan Venables (21)
Willie Rioli (38)
Jake Waterman (29)
Tim Kelly (48)
Oscar Allen (23)
Liam Ryan (37)
Jack Petruccelle (23)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, fair bit of expectation being put on a rookie draft pick on here.

Can't see treacy coming before ryan/petch/cameron/cripps or dan venables for that 2nd small forward spot...

I reckon Williams plays round one if he has a good pre season.

Called it with Ollen last year that he’d be in our best 22 by the end of the year, I’m putting Big Bad Bailey in as well.
Hickey is depth at best - if bailey looks like hes tracking well then id rather pump games into him

Hickey is one of the most mesmerisingly bipolar footy players ive ever seen - giant beater one week - gets towelled up by a rookie the next.

Hickey is depth at best - if bailey looks like hes tracking well then id rather pump games into him

Hickey is one of the most mesmerisingly bipolar footy players ive ever seen - giant beater one week - gets towelled up by a rookie the next.

Good depth to have and miles better than Mcinnes or Giles to rely on. Bailey is looking a lot bigger so I hope we give him a good crack during NAB cup and if he features a lot I bet he starts round 1 alongside Nic Nat.

Tim Kelly, common sense says Xavier O'Niell and Bailey Williams but my hard on for the human pressure ball Hamish Brayshaw sees me put him behind TK.

Hickey is well and truly an AFL standard Ruckman. He may not be one of the best in the comp but he's certainly not the worst.

I'd only be placing him behind Williams in the pecking order because with Nicnat hopefully ramping his gametime up and taking more ruck load we need someone to play FWD for a fair chunk of the game and just give a chop out in the ruck when needed.

Hickey isn't a natural forward, he plays better when he rucks alone, not sharing the duties and getting hidden on the bench for half a game.

That and Williams obvious upside.

Back