Entertainment & Music Who did it better?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or

For me Cake's 90s cover version beats the Gloria Gaynor original by the length of the Flemington Straight.

Cake just made that song their own and took it to new levels with that chugging bass line along with guitar and trumpet solos that were off the chain.

Best slide guitarist I've seen live is Lucky Oceans, he won grammys when he played with Asleep at the Wheel.

He's been living in Perth for the last 30 odd years along with Hank Marvin from The Shadows and they quite often pop up for gigs around town.

The first time I saw Lucky Oceans play live was at the Festival of Perth back in the 90s when me and a couple of mates were stoned off our tree.

We were standing right next to him and we were blown away by how good he was at the sit down slide guitar, we'd never seen anything like it before.

He also played in an 80s Perth country band called Dude Ranch, he must have felt like Dustin Martin playing in an ammos team.

Last edited:
Best slide guitarist I've seen live is Lucky Oceans, he won grammys when he played with Asleep at the Wheel.

He's been living in Perth for the last 30 odd years along with Hank Marvin from The Shadows and they quite often pop up for gigs around town.

The first time I saw Lucky Oceans play live was at the Festival of Perth back in the early 90s when me and a couple of mates were stoned off our tree.

We were standing right next to him and we were blown away by how good he was at the sit down slide guitar, we'd never seen anything like it before.

Didn't know Hank Marvin lived in Perth, well there ya go.

or

Well it just has to be Roxy Music, like Cake with I Will Survive they made this song their own and took it to new levels.

Bryan Ferry pours emotion into this song with his vocals that the Lennon original lacks, it was Roxy Music's only no.1 in the UK and Australia for good reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back