Entertainment & Music Who did it better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mad World

is one of those rare occasions that even though I loved the original (Tears for Fears)

the cover (Gary Jules) was even better

Falco

Or

After the Fire

or

For me Cake's 90s cover version beats the Gloria Gaynor original by the length of the Flemington Straight.

Cake just made that song their own and took it to new levels with that chugging bass line along with guitar and trumpet solos that were off the chain.

The lead singer of Cake has really interesting phrasing. Not just on this song but on a few others.

I still stand by Alien Ant Farm's Smooth Criminal is better than MJ's. Come at me.

In the AAF film clip the drummer 'performs' one of the drum fills with one hand/stick

One particular bright spark in our music class at school thought that it was legit and spent what felt like weeks trying to replicate the drum fill himself with one hand - he failed spectacularly

It was lucky that it was hilarious watching/listening him trying to do it because otherwise it would have been even more tedious

Honestly, I prefer NIN's version. Reznor's sounds more belligerent and depressed which goes along more with the lyrics and atmosphere of the song.

My brother said there was nothing like the first listen of Hurt back in the day on CD. You had to turn the stereo up cause it was so quiet, then those electric guitars come in at the end so loudly like a punch in the face. Something most people will miss out on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back