Entertainment & Music Who did it better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco

or

The Vines take this, underrated band The Vines and Craig Nicholls was a mad genius, a crazy unpredictable lead singer that was capable of brilliance.

New Order wins, Radiohead should stop arsing about covering other bands songs, produce another OK Computer and stop resting on their bloody laurels.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle

or

The Vines take this, underrated band The Vines and Craig Nicholls was a mad genius, a crazy unpredictable lead singer that was capable of brilliance.

New Order wins, Radiohead should stop arsing about covering other bands songs, produce another OK Computer and stop resting on their bloody laurels.

Resting on their laurels?! I like you mate but jesus...

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Resting on their laurels?! I like you mate but jesus...

This is the only song that's lived up to OK Computer quality from their latter albums.

Name another Radiohead song produced after that song that is better, I bet you can't. they've gone downhill.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
This is the only song that's lived up to OK Computer quality from their latter albums.

Name another Radiohead song produced after that song that is better, I bet you can't. they've gone downhill.

Wrote arguably the best album of the '90s, hell you'd be hard pressed to find many better since, but they are 'going downhill' because they can't top brilliance? Jaysus. Kid A is pretty close in terms of overall quality, In Rainbows is excellent, they hardly produced a bad effort in 20 years. Going downhill is not the phrase you are looking for here.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle

You'd have to have some lofty expectations to think Kid A and In Rainbows aren't any decent. Kid A is a genuine classic although the legacy has shifted back toward OK Computer with it being 20 years old now as their absolute classic, but Kid A is still one of the best albums ever. In Rainbows one of the finest of the download era. Their worst album is The King Of Limbs which is their 'we're 45-year old millionaires with three classic albums; let's just try something here' record and even that has a moment every now and then. A Moon Shaped Pool was by no means terrible either – basically considered their fourth best album even if I think it's overrated.

As for songs as good as OK Computer ones, past OK Computer? Well there's two albums full and about 25 other tracks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrote arguably the best album of the '90s, hell you'd be hard pressed to find many better since, but they are 'going downhill' because they can't top brilliance? Jaysus. Kid A is pretty close in terms of overall quality, In Rainbows is excellent, they hardly produced a bad effort in 20 years. Going downhill is not the phrase you are looking for here.

You'd have to have some lofty expectations to think Kid A and In Rainbows aren't any decent. Kid A is a genuine classic although the legacy has shifted back toward OK Computer with it being 20 years old now as their absolute classic, but Kid A is still one of the best albums ever. In Rainbows one of the finest of the download era. Their worst album is The King Of Limbs which is their 'we're 45-year old millionaires with three classic albums; let's just try something here' record and even that has a moment every now and then. A Moon Shaped Pool was by no means terrible either – basically considered their fourth best album even if I think it's overrated.

As for songs as good as OK Computer ones, past OK Computer? Well there's two albums full and about 25 other tracks.

OK Computer was always going to be impossible to top or even match but most of their albums since have been a let down, I sort of lost interest in them after Hail to the Thief though. I also thought Amnesiac was better than Kid A which had too much dull electro/synth and not enough guitars.

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
OK Computer was always going to be impossible to top or even match but most of their albums since have been a let down, I sort of lost interest in them after Hail to the Thief though. I also thought Amnesiac was better than Kid A which had too much dull electro/synth and not enough guitars.

What you are essentially saying is they shifted away from your tastes. Doesn't mean that most of what they have produced since OK Computer isn't of the highest quality.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Yeah but how many of those have big, hulking guitar parts and anthemic choruses? Exactly.

Plugger is right about one thing though - There, There is a top ten Radiohead song.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
There There is pretty good but 2 + 2 = 5 is better.

Live though, There There is one of their best... sick, sick song live.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
There There is pretty good but 2 + 2 = 5 is better.
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back