List Mgmt. Who do we pick up in the Rookie draft??

Remove this Banner Ad

Inzy7

Debutant
Sep 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Now the Draft is done and dusted who do we look at in the rookie draft and please dont let it be Oshea or Shaw

Chris Scott, East Fremantle; know bugger all about him rather than what's written in the inside footy draft guide. Best on ground in the Colt's (I assume) grand final. Tall, rangy, indigenous (though you wouldn't pick it) wingman/half back. I have faith in my ability to pick 'em from a virtual catalogue. ;)

Last edited:

We only have 2 spots left to fill, with at least one of those having to be in the rookie draft. Unless of course we take Penrith as a Cat B rookie.

So PSD will be interesting and then it is down to O'Shea, Shaw or Boekhorst for the last rookie spot. Hope Boeky gets it.

Will either be 1 of Boeky, Shaw or O'Shea & 1 newbie, or 2 of Boeky, Shaw & O'Shea.

I would like to see Boeky given 1 more year, but the selection of O'Brien & Garlett may have been the death knell for him.
I can only see Shaw being selected as injury depth at best. His age counts against him somewhat.
O'Shea may be a straight swap for White, giving us a bit of injury depth in the backline in case ASOS' body lets him down again.

Would've thought O'Shea was a lock.. not interested in Boeky. He just doesn't have it amd I dont think another season does anything for either party.

Drafting Garlett will have no effect on whether or not Boekhorst gets rookied. I think he will for the record, also would like to try and find a small defender as a project pick.

Still heaps of talent on the board, and I think our first rookie pick will be either a small/medium attacker, or a midfielder, then we'll take Boekhorst in the second round, with Penrith as a Cat B pre-listing.

Players still in the mix who can kick well: Sambono, Jordan Johnston, Tom Murphy, Quigley, McGannon, Darling

Inside mids: Day, Parish, Roughsedge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still heaps of talent on the board, and I think our first rookie pick will be either a small/medium attacker, or a midfielder, then we'll take Boekhorst in the second round, with Penrith as a Cat B pre-listing.

Players still in the mix who can kick well: Sambono, Jordan Johnston, Tom Murphy, Quigley, McGannon, Darling

Inside mids: Day, Parish, Roughsedge

A few still on the board, wouldn't mind David Handley either

We have more room than 1 rookie spot I think?

We are going 39-5 according to my math

McDaid
LeBois
Silvagni
?
?

Are we giving JGM another year?

Last edited:
Would like another hard nosed mid maybe 24 year old haiden schloithe who won the sand over medal and u would think shaw since the new Irish fella in his vid said he will be sharing a house with Byrne and Matt shaw so the club must have committed

Has everyone assumed Nick Graham has been offered another year or did I miss something ? He could still be delisted which makes 3 spots available.

Which is true, but surely we have to be picking up some mature mids here and Graham fits that bill.

Can't for the life of me see why we'd be selecting another back-man.

We have more room than 1 rookie spot I think?

We are going 39-5 according to my math

McDaid
LeBois
Silvagni
?
?

Are we giving JGM another year?

I think we can add Penrith and two other rookies even if we keep JGM because McDaid and Penrith are category B so don’t count as part of the 5 category A rookies we are allowed.

I’m hoping Roughsedge or Mynott get a look in for one of the rookie spots.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back