Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, who would you vote for now?
I'm still keen on Wright (even though the media have him slipping like Grundy).
Then it's a toss up for Laverde, De Goery, Pickett or Langford.
Wouldn't be disappointed with Lever either. :)
Bottom line...I pick Wright then Laverde.

Edit - I originally voted for Wright in the poll, then swang towards Langford, then Lever, then Pickett, then Laverde & now back to Wright.
I think the Draft should be end October.
Why?
New player contracts commence 1st November.
Draftees can commence training with young players early November.
We don't have to ride the draft roller coaster for 2 months.

Last edited:
So based on current industry reports the front runners for our pick 5 at the moment would seem to be Laverde and De Goey. They would be the two players that have been most strongly linked to us to date.

It has been consistently mentioned that we like Ahern, though there has been no serious suggestion that we are looking to take him, suggesting we may have been looking at him as an option for pick 9 on the off chance that Moore slipped through to our second round. Sam Landsberg has linked us to Langford, but I have seen both Emma Quayle and Cal Twomey suggest that he is a mid-late teens selection. We have also been indirectly linked to Pickett in as much as the reason for Pickett being strongly linked to GWS at pick 4 has been that GWS are worried about us taking him at pick 5.

I don't really have an opinion as to which way I would like to go I am not qualified, though it would seem that our pick 5 selection will come from one of the above (most likely Laverde or De Goey). As a little quirky fact we have also been linked to Daniel McKenzie at pick 30, if that was to eventuate and we also take De Goey, it would mean that we will be taking Oakleigh Chargers premiership players with our first 3 draft selections. Any suggestion of any Chargers boys that might be available at 48 to complete the set? :p

So based on current industry reports the front runners for our pick 5 at the moment would seem to be Laverde and De Goey. They would be the two players that have been most strongly linked to us to date.

It has been consistently mentioned that we like Ahern, though there has been no serious suggestion that we are looking to take him, suggesting we may have been looking at him as an option for pick 9 on the off chance that Moore slipped through to our second round. Sam Landsberg has linked us to Langford, but I have seen both Emma Quayle and Cal Twomey suggest that he is a mid-late teens selection. We have also been indirectly linked to Pickett in as much as the reason for Pickett being strongly linked to GWS at pick 4 has been that GWS are worried about us taking him at pick 5.

I don't really have an opinion as to which way I would like to go I am not qualified, though it would seem that our pick 5 selection will come from one of the above (most likely Laverde or De Goey). As a little quirky fact we have also been linked to Daniel McKenzie at pick 30, if that was to eventuate and we also take De Goey, it would mean that we will be taking Oakleigh Chargers premiership players with our first 3 draft selections. Any suggestion of any Chargers boys that might be available at 48 to complete the set? :p
Toby McLean :p

How's his forward footy nous? Good at crumbing off packs, slippery to tackle? good side step, good vision to spot up others in the f50? goal accuracy? flair?

Nice athleticism but what else do we know of him?

This video probably explains the best

- 2011 as an underage player was exceptional at nationals for WA but to young to draft (2011 highlights )
- 2011 tested off the charts at national combine and ways seen as a potential first round draft pick in 2012 draft
- 2012 Dropped out of school and became a dad at 17 while trying to get drafted.
- 2012 Did not perform as well at nationals (2012 Highlights )
- 2012 Like Garlett was expected to be drafted but was surprisingly over looked by all clubs, you will have to ask the clubs i don't know why he was not drafted.
- 2013 walked away form professional footy to play local footy where he got his passion back.
- 2014 Was invited to play for Franston in the VFL, moved his family from WA to Melbourne to have another crack.

As you can see by the highlights he has the gift, i think his fitness and therefore attitude might have put clubs off during his draft year in 2012 very much like Smith in this years draft and his fitness. But the boy can play and he has made some big steps forward recently and has played good footy in the VFL. Would love this kid as a rookie or at 85.

Kyle Langford AFL Highlights:

There are 2 different highlights packages ive seen of Langford, one solely from the under 18's champs and this one.

This one shows what he is capable of. Outmarking darcy twice, slotting goals from all angles left or right foot.

He maybe a bit of a risk at 5, but his upside could be off the chart

There are 2 different highlights packages ive seen of Langford, one solely from the under 18's champs and this one.

This one shows what he is capable of. Outmarking darcy twice, slotting goals from all angles left or right foot.

He maybe a bit of a risk at 5, but his upside could be off the chart

Well the game he played vs Darcy was RD 1 of the TAC Cup and Moore had not played for over a Year.

Well, He does have Upside and Good Hight. Also Tested well at the Combine.

Just his Field Kicking is a Worry as you saw in the U-18 Video.

Remember that Video is the Best Of Highlights

Langford goes at 66% kicking efficiency

Heeney goes well below 60% and people describe him as a good kick.

Not saying he is a Bad Kick. He just lack Penetration on his Kicks and has Floaters

Hey folks
There is only a week to go so it's time to fine tune your analysis and make your final decision.

A new thread and poll has been created for the last 7 days.

Please move your discussion over there and cast, or re-cast your vote?

Do you still feel the same?

This thread will be closing tomorrow.

thanks
The Mods
FYI 76woodenspooners Vicky Park Gone Critical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyle Langford AFL Highlights:

He looks much better here than the other video.

But still, kinda disappointed with this pick, none of the recruits outside of Petracca, Brayshaw and McCartin have really looked impressive based on these videos. None of them even look as good as Freemans who we picked up with pick 10 last year.

In hindseight, would of been awesome if Beams left last year so we could of taken the Shazza/Aish double punch as well as Freeman.

Really underwhelmed by this lot :(

He looks much better here than the other video.

But still, kinda disappointed with this pick, none of the recruits outside of Petracca, Brayshaw and McCartin have really looked impressive based on these videos. None of them even look as good as Freemans who we picked up with pick 10 last year.

In hindseight, would of been awesome if Beams left last year so we could of taken the Shazza/Aish double punch as well as Freeman.

Really underwhelmed by this lot :(
Therefore pick Wright...

Yea I guess. Lots of Langford's possessions are uncontested.

Speaking of which, 70% of De Goey's possessions are contested, yet he goes at 75% disposal efficiency. Now that's elite.
Contested disposals are classed as effective as long as they're not clangers, IIRC, so a higher contested rate actually improves your disposal efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back