Bumped Who do you NOT want your club to draft? (2014 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say, defending EVW is a strange hill to die on.
Not as strange as bumping this thread to talk down a bloke who's been off the injury list for about 6 weeks in the last two years. Not sure how anyone could have a well-founded opinion either way, or why a non-North fan would be so interested in being 'proven right' in such a meaningless way...

Not as strange as bumping this thread to talk down a bloke who's been off the injury list for about 6 weeks in the last two years. Not sure how anyone could have a well-founded opinion either way, or why a non-North fan would be so interested in being 'proven right' in such a meaningless way...

Posters who support opposing teams trying to win meaningless online arguments.

Welcome to BigFooty.

the main issue is why opinions you don’t like aren’t allowed.

you seem awfully invested in something you also call meaningless

Very likely Perkins will be available.

Good talent but clearly a step below the top 7.
Im cool with this.
of the players we have access to i rank him 1st priority.
then 2 of Reid, Cox & O'Driscoll.

Want a player who has that ability to impact games
Then a KPD (Reid or Cox).
Then either the other KPD, or go a big inside mid like O'Driscoll (We could trade down here. Pick 8 into 16 & Pies F1 for example)

Brad or Matt Crouch, as we have Bytel, Clark & Steele there, don't believe we need their type. Or to part with big cash & high draft picks for them.
This has come back to bite me HAHA, Luv Crouchy.

A bit mean to put Lovell and Hartung in the same category as Garlett. At least Lovell and Hartung are not in prison right now after going on a meth filled crime spree.

Haha look, this is true. I also know this isn't a retrospective thread. I just needed to mention these 3 in particular because the position we find ourselves in right now could be far different had we nailed those 3 picks at the time.

I feel as though Hawthorn have a bit of a free swing in this draft. Thillthorpe looks to be the one with the biggest capacity to be a bit of a bust, but he absolutely suits our needs. He could become a David Hale type at best and still be incredibly beneficial to our next decade. Aside from him, anyone else we get at 4 looks like a genuine chance of being a star.

We also have an outside runner coming in as an academy player (Downie) to go with our acquisition of Tom Phillips. So there is an area basically already addressed before the draft even takes place.

Our number 1 need IMO is X-factor and class through the midfield. Hollands is ideal in that case. Phillips certainly a great prospect as well.

Looking forward to draft night.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best thread on Bigfooty.

Love Touk Miller and Jake Lever on page 1.

Really want Brayshaw and McCartin. I'd be very disappointed if the saints take McCartin and we get Petracca instead ... I'd be devastated if we overlook McCartin and take Lever instead ... I'd be downright suicidal if Petracca was available and we took him over Brayshaw, (the Toumpas over Wines situation all over again), and then took Lever with the other pick.

Btw .. not saying that Petracca is the same type of player as Toumpas, just that it would be a repeat of switching from the (imo superior) player we always planned to take because a supposedly better player was unexpectedly available.
Aged real nice this one

Sam Walsh no more vanilla midfielders :drunk:

Really want Brayshaw and McCartin. I'd be very disappointed if the saints take McCartin and we get Petracca instead ... I'd be devastated if we overlook McCartin and take Lever instead ... I'd be downright suicidal if Petracca was available and we took him over Brayshaw, (the Toumpas over Wines situation all over again), and then took Lever with the other pick.

Btw .. not saying that Petracca is the same type of player as Toumpas, just that it would be a repeat of switching from the (imo superior) player we always planned to take because a supposedly better player was unexpectedly available.

wow

My first post in this thread was Clem Smith.... we took him and I was proven right

With pick 25, I do not want a player coming off a long term injury or a project player.. We need players that can step straight in and push for selection. Also no half back flankers or HFF that can become midfielders..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back