Opinion Who do you realistically want in the 2022 AFL Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wobbly Punt

All Australian
Feb 24, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
For me with Freo picks;
Jones
Lemmey
Cole
Hagan

This obviously means all of these guys will be playing somewhere else next year.

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
I haven’t kept up with the chatter. What’s the knock on him? Interview poorly? Poor character? Work ethic?

Dees have pick 13 and from the vision I saw he seemed a perfect fit for us as a strong agile mid/forward type…
Last year he left his school which was close to home to Scotch College on the other side of town due to behavior issues. Some people are saying he was expelled but I haven't seen anything to back this story up.

The last interview I heard of him last week acknowledged he moved but he wasn't questioned why. Very impressive speaker and comfortable with displaying his confidence that he's not afraid to show.

Some people are throwing it out there he should slip to our 3rd selection.

Feb 2, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
joel selwood clone
Nervous Looney Tunes GIF

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dont know a great deal about this draft but seems like it is a weak draft, probably because of the lack of development through Covid.

I am hoping Carlton trade up to get better choices with our picks, would GWS entertain a swap of Picks 10 & 39 for 15 & 19? Seems like a fair trade, even though 39 is probably no use to them with so many high picks, perhaps a future 2nd might be more appealing.
Reception/General Enquiries - (02) 8736 4200
Ask for Jason McCartney or Adrian Caruso.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be tempted to pick the other way around and get ahead of a pick for Barnett with pick 14 then hopefully pick up Hustwaite with 18.
If Essendon were to trade up, Hustwaite is one I'd be trying to get if available

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Last year he left his school which was close to home to Scotch College on the other side of town due to behavior issues. Some people are saying he was expelled but I haven't seen anything to back this story up.

The last interview I heard of him last week acknowledged he moved but he wasn't questioned why. Very impressive speaker and comfortable with displaying his confidence that he's not afraid to show.

Some people are throwing it out there he should slip to our 3rd selection.
Jack Darling likes this.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
Pretty much what Kiama Chris said. Swans - likely ~17, ~20, ~41

Hustwaite (or Allan)
Barnett
KPD (Van Es, Adams, Phillips etc)

I'm also keen to use a pick from next year to move up on our pick ~41 this year, into the 20s. So if we kept our first two, my dream draft would probably be:

Hustwaite (or Allan)
Barnett
Gruzewski

Others I'd be happy with: Ginbey (unlikely), Jefferson (unlikely), Weddle, Keeler, D'Aloia. Basically just want to cover our needs bases i.e. Ruck, KPF, KPD (might also rookie Edwards from academy), inside mid.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
What do people see in McKenzie? He looks a run of the mill depth midfielder. Not quick, not great skills, like what is he even good at?
Agreed, it just isn’t a strong draft pool which means naturally some of the better prospects are getting hype by virtue of the likely draft order.

McKenzie’s ceiling is probably Dom Sheed.

Reckon Hollands is in a similar boat.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agreed, it just isn’t a strong draft pool which means naturally some of the better prospects are getting hype by virtue of the likely draft order.

McKenzie’s ceiling is probably Dom Sheed.

Reckon Hollands is in a similar boat.
yeah, in McKenzie I see more like a Jackson Nelson. Just a complete run of the mill midfielder.
Hollands also seems like a guy like Tom Sparrow or something. I don't really see it.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
What do people see in McKenzie? He looks a run of the mill depth midfielder. Not quick, not great skills, like what is he even good at?

He has simple class. There's run of the mill midfielders and then there's blokes who never make mistakes. Not many of the former win flags, but a lot of the latter do. He's the latter. He'll weight his handballs and kicks so the receiver doesn't break stride.

He has simple class. There's run of the mill midfielders and then there's blokes who never make mistakes. Not many of the former win flags, but a lot of the latter do. He's the latter. He'll weight his handballs and kicks so the receiver doesn't break stride.

Agreed. He clark and ashcroft are the safest picks of the draft imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back