Strategy Who Do You Select In Port’s Hub Squad? (Pick 6 to complete the squad)

Who Do You Select In Port’s Hub Squad?

• McKenzie

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • Buzza

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Bergman

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Farrell

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Hayes

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Bonner

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Garner

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Drew

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Atley

• T.Burgoyne

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Mayes

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Williams

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Woodcock

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Patmore

• Lienert

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Grundy

• Mead

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Fredericks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cox

• Pasini

• Sutcliffe

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
It seems likely clubs will be required to take limited players to their hubs- probably 30 to 32 players.

There are plenty of certainties:

Jonas, Powell-Pepper, Burton, Marshall, Houston, Motlop, Ebert, Hartlett, Gray, Boak, Rockliff, Amon, Wines, Clurey, Butters, Georgiades, Rozee, Duursma, Dixon, Watts, Lycett, Byrne-Jones, Ladhams, Westhoff (24)

Assuming squads of 30, you can take 6 more. Who goes?

Defence was a bit thin so I took McKenzie and Bonner. Mayes has to come for his flexibility. Hayes came for ruck support. Farrell had to come and I took Williams for the experience. I really wanted to take Mead and Bergman but couldn’t find a spot. They are my emergencies.

Last edited:

I'm not sure about Sutcliffe since he actually ended up playing a decent role in his last couple of games last year when we didn't have Ebert and we needed a forward with some pressure. He was s**t at first because we used him in place of Housten, but I guess it all depends on how Ebert is handling his recent injury record right now since that is probably the only position I see him working well in.

It seems likely clubs will be required to take limited players to their hubs- probably 30 to 32 players.

Jonas, Powell-Pepper, Burton, Marshall, Houston, Motlop, Ebert, Hartlett, Gray, Boak, Rockliff, Amon, Wines, Clurey, Butters, Georgiades, Rozee, Duursma, Dixon, Watts, Lycett, Byrne-Jones, Ladhams, Westhoff (24)

Defence was a bit thin so I took McKenzie and Bonner. Mayes has to come for his flexibility. Hayes came for ruck support. Farrell had to come and I took Williams for the experience. I really wanted to take Mead and Bergman but couldn’t find a spot. They are my emergencies.
Who is saying this *in' bullshit that we can't take all 44 players to Qld??

So non Vic clubs in clean states couldn't start a few days early training in groups of 10, because that would disadvantage Vic clubs, but if you are forced into a hub the Vic clubs and other non travelling clubs get to have all 44 players train together but you don't. So the 12 players who dont travel, can't play in SANFL and can't train with their AFL teammates.

FMD. Osama bin Laden blew up the wrong building.

Who is saying this fu**in' bullshit that we can't take all 44 players to Qld??

So non Vic clubs in clean states couldn't start a few days early training in groups of 10, because that would disadvantage Vic clubs, but if you are forced into a hub the Vic clubs and other non travelling clubs get to have all 44 players train together but you don't. So the 12 players who dont travel, can't play in SANFL and can't train with their AFL teammates.

FMD. Osama bin Laden blew up the wrong building.
You might want to look at the date the thread was started. The goalposts have changed 100 times since then. No one is now saying we can only take 30 players now as far as I’ve heard.

You might want to look at the date the thread was started. The goalposts have changed 100 times since then. No one is now saying we can only take 30 players now as far as I’ve heard.
Ah s**t I though it was a new thread. My bad.

I picked these players (and here is the reasons)

McKenzie = Long kick, Defender - (Wing for GC) - use to the climate (after playing 100g for GC)

Bergman = Long kicking, X factor Wing / HFF - need to blood him this year (and what better time with a write off year) prepare him for 2021 up forward to allow Rozee & Robbie to play midfield

Farrell = Elite left foot - Forward (can play Wing) can break lines - 11 games but needs more games under his belt

Drew = Tough Mid with 10 games under his belt - needs more in case Ollie goes at the end of the year (and if Ollie does I would rather have Drew with 27+ games under his belt instead of 10).

Williams = Refer my comments regarding Bergman. I am also curious about Williams tricks and also his penetrating kick. I want him to have a year under his belt (just like Bergman)

Lienert = Long kick, Defender (can play on the wing). Surprised early on with a couple of goals in the game - might be interesting to see if he can kick some more

one player i had so close to my 6 is Hayes - I want him to get a years experience rucking against current AFL ruckmen so he learns (for 2021)

Bump

We ended up taking 33, not 30, so my “emergencies”, Lienert and Sutcliffe came in but Hayes didnt make it. Hayes was a pity as he is as much a part of our future as Mead, Bergman, Williams and Georgiades.

Bump

We ended up taking 33, not 30, so my “emergencies”, Lienert and Sutcliffe came in but Hayes didnt make it. Hayes was a pity as he is as much a part of our future as Mead, Bergman, Williams and Georgiades
Only reason Hayes won’t be going is they don’t recon we need 3 ruckman when we are there for 3 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only reason Hayes won’t be going is they don’t recon we need 3 ruckman when we are there for 3 weeks.
Dixon and Westhoff are playing as 2nd-ruckman, and Georgiades is the first name on the "talls out" list. So Ladhams probably plays only if Lycett is out, and Hayes ended up being redundant.

Back