Who do you support in the NHL & who are your favourite players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who do you support in the NHL & who is your favorite players?

Neat to see an NHL following down under. Just curious how do you guys catch the games in Melbourne or wherever you're from? Download or stream? And how did you guys get into it?

I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and a Calgary flames fan.

Favorites are Phil Kessel, Jarome Iginla, Optimus Reim(er)
Ive just started watching NHL. Just went to the NHL website and subscribed to get all games live through game centre. It cost me $99.99 american.

Not bad, so many games to watch and they're all live so it really pays for itself IMO.

I go for Red Wings and my favourite players Zetterberg and Helm.

I go for this team due to playing NHL Rivals 2002 on Xbox when I was a kid. I started playing the game as Mighty Ducks but was always getting pumped by Red Wings in the game so I started playing as them and just really started to like them.

11 years on I'm starting to really enjoy watching the game and that enjoyment I had with the Red Wings is still there. Just watched them pump Buffalo Sabres. Was a great game. Its great to have something to watch in the footy offseason that isn't cricket or soccer.

Alberta Oilers (WHA)
Edmonton Oilers (WHA)
Edmonton Oilers (NHL)
Grew up in Edmonton as a kid, still motoring along, never needed an oil change.

Gretzky, Messier, Fuhr, Kurri... ah, the Dynasty days!

Soft spot for the Habs, because moving to Canada from country WA, les Quebecois were the most exotic people I'd ever encountered, with names like Lafleur, Cournoyer, Plante, Savard, Beliveau, Geoffrion etc

Chicago Blackhawks & Brandon Saad

I'm a Canucks fan (yeah I know, Riot City, 2 girls no cup etc etc). My brother and my best mate from childhood live in Vancouver. My favourite Canucks are Ryan Kesler and Kevin Bieksa. I also am a huge fan of Alex Ovechkin and Pavel Datsyuk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Become a massive hockey fan over the past 7 months or so, so I guess I should probably introduce myself here. Don't all laugh at once, but I am an Islanders fan... After witnessing three losses at the Nassau Coliseum in November (including the 6-0 drubbing against the Red Wings) and a lucky win over the Wild on New Years Eve Eve, they have somehow converted me into a lifetime of pain. Obviously Tavares is my #1, while I think Lee and Grabner can form a solid back-bone into a brighter future (albeit in Brooklyn, don't get me started on that issue). I was also lucky enough to meet Zac Parisse in a cafe in Minnesota and sit next to Ovechkin on the glass when the Islanders lost to the Capitols at the Coliseum so I have had a pretty incredible introduction to the sport.

Seems to be a very active community on here, so looking forward to getting amongst it in the coming months, while being able to provide a neutral view during the play-offs :thumbsu: ;)

Go Leafs Go, - don't watch it enough to have a fav player.
Like most of Aussies I say was introduced to hockey via The Mighty Ducks. Went to a Marlies game in 2013, NHL was on lock out :(. And the leafs became my team as a result. Could never had gone for a team south of the boarder anyway as hockey is Canada game.

Go Leafs Go, - don't watch it enough to have a fav player.
Like most of Aussies I say was introduced to hockey via The Mighty Ducks. Went to a Marlies game in 2013, NHL was on lock out :(. And the leafs became my team as a result. Could never had gone for a team south of the boarder anyway as hockey is Canada game.

U poor soul

Bruins, Chara, Lucic, Marchand and Bergeron..Hoping they can keep their form from the passed two seasons and stay a threat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back