Who do you support in the NHL & who are your favourite players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks - Keith, Kane, Hossa, Toews.

Absolutely love watching Hossa and Kane skate on the same line.

Oshie, Giroux, Tavares..

Hawks vs the Ducks I find are my favourite games, purely for the speed at which the game goes.

Hawks - Keith, Kane, Hossa, Toews.

Absolutely love watching Hossa and Kane skate on the same line.

Oshie, Giroux, Tavares..

Hawks vs the Ducks I find are my favourite games, purely for the speed at which the game goes.

Very rarely happens these days!

I've just booked tickets to a Blues game while I'm in St. Louis vs. the stars in December, looks like I have finally chose an NHL team.

Tarasenko is apparently a good player.

Nice man you will enjoy it. Tarasenko is one of the best snipers in the league atm.
Excellent, I saw that dirty long goal he hit through two defenders legs. So good!

Missed this thread somehow. Dallas Stars fan! My partner grew up just outside Dallas so simple decision for me. Jamie Benn is my fav Stars player and league wise I really like Phil Kessel and Burns/Thornton.

GO JETS GO!
was living in Winnipeg when they got a team back...City went NUTS!
Crazy how a sports team can affect a city. Winnipeg learned from the past mistakes, and will never again lose their JETS!
went to half a dozen games whilst living there and only got to see a couple wins. Wish i was there this year as they are smashing it!
Love the sport..just don't get to see enough of it in AUS.
Got to witness Laine in his rookie year...Kids a Star!
Schiefele(think that the spelling from memory) is a gun too. good call by the Jets to give him a year in the AHL before the NHL call up.
Got lots of love for Wheeler and have always had a soft spot for the versatile Big Buff!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tampa - I play wing and always enjoyed watching Tampa play and the way they went about it. Eventually I realised I was watching them most of the time and knew all the players. These days I'm as obsessive Tampa supporter as I am with Geelong.

Favourite players
Ryan Callahan
Victor Hedman
Brayden Point
Yanni Gourde

Callahan was my favourite player for a long time. Love the way he plays and turns games by doing the small things at the right times. Sometimes he slips under then radar then pops up to leave you thinking WTF just happened.

Brayden Point is probably my favourite to watch skills wise. He seems to be great in every aspect of the game. Not sure where his weakness is or how he didnt go higher in the draft.

Went to 3 games during the season. Winnipeg @ Vancouver, Carolina @ Buffalo and San Jose @ Ottawa.

Canucks game was easily the worst. Tickets werent that cheap and arena was less than half full. Crowd didnt really get into it although lots of Jets fans and they were loving it. Amazing city though and arena in a nice location.

Saw the Sabres game during some snowstorm. Really enjoyed it and i liked the arena. They lost within the first 10 seconds of OT. The fans were pretty funny though, so used to losing. Not a fan but have a soft spot for them.

Lastly the Sens game was easily my favourite. Had jumped on the Leafs at the start of the season since my uni wasnt too far(closer to Buffalo actually) but now i kinda follow the Sens. Found a fake jersey at a thrift store in Toronto. Was -30 that night, -40 with windchill. Brutal day and stadium is like an hour away. Bus driver let me on for free since he just wanted to close the doors and start driving. Printed off everyone return tickets when he dropped us off at the arena to save us from having to buy tickets after the game in the cold. No wifi was a jimmie rustler but the game was so much. Down 5-2 at the start of the 3rd, scored 3 and got the winner in OT. Atmosphere was insane. Was also during the final of the world juniors so they kept announcing the score. Crowd went nuts when Canada won the game, louder than any Ottawa goal.

Also went to a few games at my uni, those dudes are the kings on campus. so jealous

My favourite sport to watch live even though im more of a fan of NBA/NFL. god i wanna move back to Canada

Tampa - I play wing and always enjoyed watching Tampa play and the way they went about it. Eventually I realised I was watching them most of the time and knew all the players. These days I'm as obsessive Tampa supporter as I am with Geelong.

Favourite players
Ryan Callahan
Victor Hedman
Brayden Point
Yanni Gourde

Callahan was my favourite player for a long time. Love the way he plays and turns games by doing the small things at the right times. Sometimes he slips under then radar then pops up to leave you thinking WTF just happened.

Brayden Point is probably my favourite to watch skills wise. He seems to be great in every aspect of the game. Not sure where his weakness is or how he didnt go higher in the draft.

Agree on Point he is fast becoming my favourite player. Has scored some big goals and made some important plays this post season.

Go Bolts!

Newcomer to this due to my daughter doing ice skating this year , didn't want to be a bandwagoner so i went for the Canucks as i like their colour scheme and know a few people from Canada.Obviously don't have a fave player this early into it but this Brock Boeser kid looks alright- talks well and seems to have a good head on his shoulders from the vids i've seen- ohh also he wears number 6 which i had in my sporting days:D

Last edited:
Anaheim! Go Ducks!

My favourite player is Getzlaf.

And yes I do go for the Ducks because of the Mighty Ducks movie and yes that introduced me to Ice hockey, but I been a massive ducks fan since I saw it, which would be 20 years now. Thankfully for the rise of the internet, it's been easier to follow all of my many sporting interests. Including the NHL

Winnipeg Jets
Been a fan my whole life still have my toddler sized jersey from the 80’s which i have passed on to my son. Have lived in the peg which I consider my second home.

Mark Scheifele is my man!

I chose the Blackhawks after visiting Chicago in 2013 and wanting a Chicago team to support and NHL was the only sport i didn't follow a team in.

Went to 2 games at the United Center in 2016 and it was awesome.

Patrick Kane easily looked the best player in those 2 games.

Hockey fan since August 2017 when I booked my first trip to America. I chose to follow the Vegas Golden Knights because I got tickets to see them play both home and away and because they hadn't played a game before at that stage. I made a second trip in April just to see their first playoff game against LA. I have no favourite player hence my sweater having Vegas 17 on the back.

I also follow the fortunes of the Okotoks Oilers in the Alberta junior league because I saw them play as well. Locally, I am a first-year follower of the Perth Thunder in the AIHL - I bought a Sunday membership before I had seen them play a game. My children are fascinated by the game and they go to as many Thunder games as they can.

Attachments

• 20180411_223420.jpg
    20180411_223420.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 115
GO LEAFS GO!!
Have followed Toronto for a while now but have only been able to watch most games the last two seasons thanks to internet and NHLTV. Matthews and Marner are my obvious choices for favourite players and funnily enough Tavares was my favourite non Leafs player...........until now!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back