Who do you support in the NHL & who are your favourite players?

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Started getting into hockey circa 2006 after I watched virtually all of the Olympic tournament that year.

Montreal Canadiens are my team in the NHL and HV71 are my Swedish team.

My fav player ever is Max Pacioretty, was gutted when he departed for the Golden Knights......but still love him.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Everyone loves Barzal.

Went to 2 games in November...I love Brooklyn, even though it's nearly over.

I'm going back hopefully next December to watch another 5 or so
Went to my first NHL game in November at Barclays against Pens. Had a ball and Isles won on penalties. Been right into it since!

Started following NHL in 2016. Listened to a lot of games since Richmond were trash. Follow it much more loosely now. Chose San Jose as my dad and brother go for the Ducks and I thought it might be interesting to mix things up with a rivalry, and there was no chance I was gonna go for the Queens.

Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Coyotes
I'm a fan of the Arizona Coyotes. Years ago (maybe 2006 or so) my mother bought me a Coyotes jersey, the old Picasso ones, being the curious person that I am I searched it up and have been following them ever since.

Favourite player for the yotes is Clayton Keller, enjoy watching Ovi too.

Sep 2, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Avs, Spurs, ManU, Raiders, BlueJays
I'm a fan of the Arizona Coyotes. Years ago (maybe 2006 or so) my mother bought me a Coyotes jersey, the old Picasso ones, being the curious person that I am I searched it up and have been following them ever since.

Favourite player for the yotes is Clayton Keller, enjoy watching Ovi too.
The Kachina is the best Jersey in sports. Bar none

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I support the Rangers. It happened quite organically, just like with my AFL side. I've been following the NHL since about 2014, although I've always liked ice hockey. The speed, power, continuous play and the scoring system are probably my favourite things about it.

My favourite players are all the obvious superstars of the game. Nikita kucherov (sp) is probably my favourite opposition player just because of the special things he does that no other player even attempts.

Apr 23, 2009
Barcelona, Catalonia.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Penguins, Aston Villa, Adel Utd.
My favourite players are all the obvious superstars of the game. Nikita Kucherov (sp) is probably my favourite opposition player just because of the special things he does that no other player even attempts.
That bullshit "no move" deke that he has done on a couple of goals where he pushes the puck towards the goalie and then just waves his stick past the puck and lets it slide through the five hole is just ridiculous. When he first did it, everyone wasn't sure if he completely meant it. Now that he has done it a few times, he is just making goalies mad.

I follow the Pittsburgh Penguins. I’ve stuck with them through thick and thin. It’s been great to watch the teams develop over the years from pre-Lemieux to where they are today.
Crosby, Hornqvist, Letang, and Orpik are my favorite players. Many are awesome to watch, but I find those the most fascinating.
And the Pens just won back-to-back games.Woot!! 👍🖤💛
My all time favorite goalie is Gilles Meloche. I was sitting low, behind the glass at a game and saw him make the most incredible save. My jaw dropped. You never forget those special moments. 😁

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
I follow the Kings because I support LA in every American Sport (apart from NFL), also they have the best celebrity supporters.

On CPH1611 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having lived in DC in the past I pretty much do this too - been fun the last couple of years supporting the Nats and Caps. The Redskins under this owner, however, have lost me along with plenty of Washingtonians.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I think I landed on the Islanders because I already followed the Jets in the NFL so I liked the NY affinity and I love the Orange/Blue colours and the logo. I don't like Orange/Blue enough to follow the Knicks though even though their uniforms are awesome and if they ever get their s**t together they'll be huge.

jcase

Draftee
Feb 6, 2019
Florida, US
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NFL Vikings, MLB Twins, NHL Wild
Wild. Jason Zucker was my fave but of course he was just traded to the Penguins.
The North Stars were the first pro sports team I latched on to as a kid and then became a fan of all Minnesota pro teams.

DFWGrapher

Debutant
Mar 13, 2021
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Cleveland in every sport
Penguins, but my interest in today's game is incredibly limited. I grew up on 80s and early 90s hockey where you'd see a 5-4 score with three fights and that was just a typical game.

Favorites now: Crosby, Antoine Roussel, Patrik Laine, Mikko Rantanen, Tucker Poolman, Zach Trotman, Dan Sexton

Favorites all-time: Mario Lemieux, Bob Probert, PJ Stock, Jarome Iginla

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
Blackhawks since 1996.
I was living in Canada but I loved the Jersey and started watching them with interest. Have a ton of their merchandise ( along with the Cubs) and obviously enjoyed the Stanley Cup wins after being pox for so long
Chelios Chamura Russell at the beginning, Kane Toewes and De Brincat now.
Fleury could soon be added to the list ❤️🤍🖤

Back