Who do you support in the NHL & who are your favourite players?

Remove this Banner Ad

NHL was the last of the big 4 for me to choose a team.

NFL I landed on the Atlanta Falcons in 2008 (after brief stints trying to force myself to support the Patriots, Jets and Eagles. Then when I decided to let a team choose me, it came down to Atlanta and Arizona - Atlanta it was.)

NBA I landed on the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2010, I was a part time LeBron fan (Cavs era), tried to follow him to the Heat, then once I realised they were chasing titles by building super teams, I went to Durant and the Thunder. But it didn't take long for me to fall in love with the team. There was a point Durant was my 3rd favourite player (Behind Harden and Ibaka)

MLB I landed on the Boston Red Sox in 2010 after seeing the 30 for 30 Four Days in October, coming back from the 3-0 deficit.

At this point, I had to round it out and find an NHL team. Never really watched much Hockey (Other than the Mighty Ducks) - but I didn't actually know about Anaheim at this point. So I went with the references from Bruce Almighty. Ended up going Sabres.

These days, when I find a game on Foxtel, I'd watch it as I much prefer it than the NBA and MLB, but let just say, the Sabres never make it onto tv. But this new tv deal. I can set my phone up at work and just watch away. I for one am really looking forward to the new season.

ps. I know they're not classified as a rival. But I dont like em, so **** Montreal :p

New supporter guys. Agent93 forced me into following the Blackhawks and they're now 0-3. :huh:

How do you guys watch the games? I have Kayo and in typical Foxtel fashion they refuse to upload any games beyond 2 a week which is just awesome. Then I saw NHL.TV is geoblocked. Is there a way I can watch games without a VPN?

Colorado Avalanche

Went to America just before COVID and our friends were members. The AVs lost but it was a great atmosphere and been following them since. Only really follow how they go and not Ice Hockey as a whole but I really enjoy watching the games. Local ice rink near my place has a bar/amatuer games on so watch a bit of that too.

New supporter guys. Agent93 forced me into following the Blackhawks and they're now 0-3. :huh:

How do you guys watch the games? I have Kayo and in typical Foxtel fashion they refuse to upload any games beyond 2 a week which is just awesome. Then I saw NHL.TV is geoblocked. Is there a way I can watch games without a VPN?
The way we ( Blackhawks) are going you should be grateful you aren’t able to watch them.
They are horrendous right now unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did warn you about the scandal.

I also said you should jump on the Kraken, but noooooooo that would have been too Freo for you.

I so would've jumped on the Kraken if not for the anchors - that's just a symbol of loserdom.

At least now I can play the "well I follow a struggling team and that makes me a better fan" card.

I so would've jumped on the Kraken if not for the anchors - that's just a symbol of loserdom.

At least now I can play the "well I follow a struggling team and that makes me a better fan" card.
We do have the jersey that was once voted the best in all US sport
Just this week the Blackhawks after the details of the scandal were all made public had their 550 straight sellout of games streak end
Sad days for the franchise unfortunately

I am no team in nhl.

But are these fix players:

Kaapo Kakko
Joonas Donskoi
Patrick Kane
Erik Karlsson
Lucas Raymond

Last edited:
Mine is obvious if you look at my username.

Any fellow fans in Aus? I remember back on the day on the hockey forum site we had a Sens fan from Australia who liked the Essendon Bombers.

I am a fan of the Flames after my visit to the Scotiabank Saddledome in 2019. Atmosphere was incredible. Had seen the Rangers at MSG a few years earlier but their fans are rubbish.

Big Johnny Hockey fan until a couple of days ago. The Flames are now in a bad spot as they haven't adequately replaced him and are unlikely to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back