Who do you think will be the best player from our 2020 haul and why,?

Who is the most exciting 2020 draft selection?

• Riley Thilthorpe

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Luke Pedlar

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Brayden Cook

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Sam Berry

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • James Rowe

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Tariek Newchurch

• James Borlase

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

4:10

Is this you Matty?
1607947785648.png

I'm ****ed if I can see anything from Quayle's reaction there.

Nothing wrong with my hearing but I'll admit I don't have as fertile an imagination as you obviously... :p
😅 I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but to me "no way" is the polite on camera way to say WTF

Just watched that GWS video. There was clearly a shocked expression on that female recruiter's face and you can hear another dude saying "No Way!".

EDIT: Two of their recruiters actually say "no way". You can hear a male and a female say it.

😅 I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but to me "no way" is the polite on camera way to say WTF
You're dead on about this. I have an expensive set of headphones bought specifically for their soundstaging and I'd rate them ahead of some geezers poor hearing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you use a hearing aid Bicks, but if you do, turn it up for the "no way"

View attachment 1028414
She didn't say no way as a put down for Pedler, she said no way because the player they really wanted to get with their first pick, one they though Essendon might take, was actually there at their pick.
Nothing more, nothing less.

She didn't say no way as a put down for Pedler, she said no way because the player they really wanted to get with their first pick, one they though Essendon might take, was actually there at their pick.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Oh wait on, we've got a mind reader over here

Its not 100% clear in the video but I would have thought if Stone was their priority, theyd be jubliant Adelaide didnt take him. Thats not the vibe Im getting. Its hard to know for sure though given clubs selectively edit the footage to make it look like everything is going to plan. If we really caught them on the hop, why wouldn't they omit that from the video?

Last edited:
4:10

My read on this is that she was sure we were taking Bruhn at pick 11 and was shocked that he was available for them. Clearly they rated Bruhn. Looks like Bruhn didn't rate them though judging by his response after their pick.

Last edited:
My read on this is that she was sure we were taking Bruhn at pick 11 and was shocked that he was available for them. Clearly they rated Bruhn. Looks like Bruhn didn't rate them though.
Really? Video makes it sound like Bruhn was their second choice.

Eh * it. It doesnt really matter. The only reason I want to know is to be reassured that other clubs also rated Pedlar. I kind of view Hamish as a crazy scientist these days.

Really? Video makes it sound like Bruhn was their second choice.

Eh fu** it. It doesnt really matter. The only reason I want to know is to be reassured that other clubs also rated Pedlar. I kind of view Hamish as a crazy scientist these days.
I think they thought Essendon may take Bruhn and if he was available that we likely would take him. This would have been based off their talent list which was different to ours. That's not to say that their talent list was better than ours as each club has different needs. I think we most likely liked Bruhn but looks like it was a strategy to go local if two players were close in quality. Pedlar also has more toughness which seems to be a priority. The crows also may have viewed Bruhn as a potential flight risk which he probably will be at gws. Sounds like gws rated Chapman as well around that pick. My overall impression was that they came off as a bit amateurish as a group.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RILEY THILTHORPE!! Imagine back to 1992, dominant future champion CHF Wayne Carey was 192cm. His main CHB rival Glen Jakovich 193, SOS was 194. Today we have Jacob weitering 195cm, Harris Andrews is 201cm. The King twins? 202cm. Jeremy Cameron 196

Point is that Riley Thilthorpe is 201 and 100kg. This kid is 18. He has the marking ability similar to Charlie Dixon 200cm and plays not unlike (Gulp) Wayne Carey but more like Nick Riewoldt. But kicks better than Nick! Plays full forward, CHF, Ruck and has the running capacity like Riewoldt.

Thilthorpe was the perfect selection for Adelaide for many, many reasons. I wonder if Luke Pedlar can have a similar impact given the hype? Also expecting Jackson Hately to Bena solid midfielder on 2021.

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought it was known that GWS wanted pedler
That was the word pre-draft. Unless GWS released that fake rumour to stop Crows from picking Stone?
The video suggests they feared Essendon may take Bruhn but expected Adelaide to pass on him if he made it through.

Back