Who do you think will or want to win the 2017 flag?

Who will win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide, enjoyed their footy this year and if it's an interstate team no one in Melbourne really cares and we don't hear about it, we'll never hear the end of it if it's Richmond

Not Adelaide. My celebration of twenty years of continual finals chokes is just around the corner. And may it last for an eternity.
Not Geelong. Seen way too many fat granny's in hoops scooting around on mobility vehicles and waving their gammon flags to last a lifetime. No more please.
Not West Coast. Just hurry up and secede you Saffa muppets.
Not GWS. Meh club, meh care factor.

So it has to be the Tigers....But torn a bit on this one. It would be great to watch the aftermath of a Grand Final choke when 5 goals up. But if the Tigers lost that means one of the above 4 won and that would make me puke. So it's the Tigers for me.

I'd like to see GWS win. Whilst the fanbase is small they are quite passionate. Been to plenty of their homegames while I was living up there.

Like what I am seeing tonight.
Did the right thing and went with Lobb to be number 1 ruck and not Simpson.
Just a way better balance of smalls and talls and benefits coming through.

I'm not sure the wider football world is aware by wishing for a Richmond win what they have in store for them? I'm old enough to remember the successful Tigers teams of the early 80's. My god their supporters were something else. I got a brief reminder of that last Friday night when exiting the MCG when a 40 something bloke in full Tigers getup mooned my 12 year old daughter!
I think you'll find non Victorians hoping for a Richmond win are actually wishing this upon Melbourne

I demand a Stevie J option...... 4 goals on one quarter, channelling his inner Nick Davis.

Now that West Coast are finally done and buried I'm all for a GWS-Adelaide GF. Been too long since we've had an all interstate one. The second next best thing for me would be Adelaide-Richmond, with Adelaide prevailing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been on the Crows bandwagon since the beginning of finals and I'm backing them to win. Hoping for an Adelaide/Richmond GF and if Adelaide don't get up will still be reasonably happy despite having to put up with smug, thin-skinned Richmond-supporting in-laws (not saying they're representative of Richmond supporters in general).

Also firmly in the 'anyone-but-GWS' camp and tired of seeing Geelong in prelims but will take them in a Geelong/GWS GF. Was glad to see Sydney turfed (same reasons as Cats, tired of seeing them in the finals), but disappointed for Port, Essendon and WC

Of all the clubs left, I like Geelong the most, but...
Richmond winning would just be very exciting because of the fans, and such a huge, pleasant shock for me, since in the preseason I expected them to be bottom four (shame on me).
Adelaide really deserve the flag after being such a feared team all year, they're interstate and have a good song.
I like GWS and since they're new it'd be cool to see them win their first flag, even if it does worsen the Freo non-premiers criticism.

Now that we're out, I'm hoping for an Adelaide vs Richmond GF. Would be great for the game if Richmond breaks their 37 year drought...of other teams Adelaide is one I don't mind, they deserve a flag. Geelong have had enough success, it would just be boring. A GWS victory would just be so anticlimatic, who would really care? If it was Geelong vs GWS I'd prefer GWS though, sick of the Cats.

Back