Who do you think will or want to win the 2017 flag?

Who will win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly can't see anyone other than Adelaide or GWS winning the flag. Bulldogs with a slight chance if everything goes right in September and they steal an away prelim win followed by getting the other of the two at the MCG in the GF. Still think Sydney's best can contend but with a rough start they will be chasing tail all year even if they come good.

If GWS don't win it then they'll be gunning for Clarko. IMO they have it in the bag. The Crows and Cats are about even, the Dogs haven't fired up yet, West Coast are flat track bullies (that might change this week) The Tigers could be a smokey? My bet is they'll go up in smoke before the year ends!

It's not who Geelong have beaten, it's how they've won. They're a good outfit.

How they have won? They have won games because the teams they have beaten are poor. Fremantle and Hawthorn were extremely poor. Melbourne kicked poorly and they only just beat North after trailing all day.

Geelong next four are gettable wins. It gets tough after that but they'll do enough to make the top eight.

How they have won? They have won games because the teams they have beaten are poor. Fremantle and Hawthorn were extremely poor. Melbourne kicked poorly and they only just beat North after trailing all day.

Geelong next four are gettable wins. It gets tough after that but they'll do enough to make the top eight.
Won convincingly in Perth and against you. Staged a great comeback against North. Did what good teams do and kicked straight against us.

The (football n00b) OP has made his list based on 4 rounds this year, yeah?

If GWS don't win it then they'll be gunning for Clarko. IMO they have it in the bag. The Crows and Cats are about even, the Dogs haven't fired up yet, West Coast are flat track bullies (that might change this week) The Tigers could be a smokey? My bet is they'll go up in smoke before the year ends!
Naah
Whatever happens we wont be actively pursuing Clarkson.
Leon's doing a great job and Clarkson clearly isn't gettable. As for all clubs we'd have a job if he wanted it.

I've picked Adelaide but we have been thereabouts for years now and after the letdowns over the years (2005/2006 worst) i just can't trust them in finals.

However, it's been 19 years since our last premiership so I'd like to think we are due.

Geelong my sneaky.

West Coast in the poll lol. We're terrible.

Adelaide vs GWS Grand final with Adelaide winning. Adelaide vs Dogs Prelim with the Crows finally breaking their Prelim hoodoo by a goal.
I think our supporters would have seizures and need therapy if that happened again :huh::'(

I suspect it might be a team currently in the 8. But don't want to go too early. The Swans could charge in. And of course the awesome Collingwood midfield will click soon and destroy all in their path (or not :p).

I reckon 18 teams are in it and going out on a limb, I say again, probably a team in the top 8 currently will likely, maybe, have a good shot at winning the premiership ... possibly.

P!ss off. You guys are like the fat bloke who has had so many servings that they've finally collapsed in a heap unable to move. Time for someone else to have a feed.
Just a tiny wafer thin premiership

Terry-Jones-as-Mr-Creosot-008.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The (football n00b) OP has made his list based on 4 rounds this year, yeah?

People think a side that performed so poorly last year, who've played 4 soft games in 2017 with a history of falling in a heap, poor leadership, inconsistent players and questionable culture are actually a chance to win it?

What was that you said about a "football noob"?

:cool:Think the pressure's more on a club fighting to stay in the window than a new club entering theirs.
With the list at Cameron's disposal, GWS have crashed through the window and are demanding access all areas and which way is the trophy cabinet? They were caught napping in round 1 with their heads up their arse. It's up to Cameron to see that doesn't happen again. They will make the GF, he will probably be saved.

With the list at Cameron's disposal, GWS have crashed through the window and are demanding access all areas and which way is the trophy cabinet? They were caught napping in round 1 with their heads up their arse. It's up to Cameron to see that doesn't happen again. They will make the GF, he will probably be saved.
Codswallop

I've picked Adelaide but we have been thereabouts for years now and after the letdowns over the years (2005/2006 worst) i just can't trust them in finals.

However, it's been 19 years since our last premiership so I'd like to think we are due.

Geelong my sneaky.
Your list is pretty comprehensive. At your best your close to unbeatable I reckon. You're better than GWS. Geelong plays very well against you, and I think they'll be thereabouts. I think it'll come from Adelaide or Geelong this year. If WC can cure the travel bug watch out.

People think a side that performed so poorly last year, who've played 4 soft games in 2017 with a history of falling in a heap, poor leadership, inconsistent players and questionable culture are actually a chance to win it?

What was that you said about a "football noob"?
Four soft games? Geelong have beaten the bottom two sides, last year's (almost) wooden spooner and Melbourne... We also beat one of the contenders according to the OP.

My question was, is he basing it on THIS year's form, because it reads that way to me.

Last edited:
Four soft games? Geelong have beaten the bottom two sides, last year's (almost) wooden spooner and Melbourne... We also beat one of the contenders according to the OP.

My question was, is he basing it on THIS year's form, because it reads that way to me.

Neither Geelong or Richmond have been tested, so no. I think what we've seen so far is a good start (wins on the board), but this alone doesn't suggest to me that Richmond should be in the discussion. There's little else to support the case, history actually suggests inconsistency. Geelong not so much.

Your list is pretty comprehensive. At your best your close to unbeatable I reckon. You're better than GWS. Geelong plays very well against you, and I think they'll be thereabouts. I think it'll come from Adelaide or Geelong this year. If WC can cure the travel bug watch out.

The bad thing for Adelaide is that they'll have to do it at the G.

That's the only negative I can see for their flag prospects thus far.

Like trying to guess the winner of the melbourne cup after 10 metres.

Back