Who do you think your club will miss next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

brissy_lionsgal

Senior List
Aug 24, 2000
Nambour
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I was just wondering who other club's supporters think that their club will miss, through retirement or trading, next season.

I think next season that the Lions will miss Molloy and Craig Lambert next year. Lambert, for his toughness in the packs and Molloy for his toughness against other players.

Always the comedien Walshy heh!?!?!?!

We got rid of the crap and kept the good.

Possibly Paul Lynch could be someone who we'll miss, but he couldn't play a full game during his whole career at Geelong, so I doubt it would change elsewhere.

We will miss Mckenna badly, so much class so much leadership one of the greatest halfback flankers the game has ever known. Its sad when there cut down in there prime.

Chris Lewis could've and should've kept playing we missed him for the remainder of the season and we will miss him next year. Last inaugaral Eagle, he oozed class.

And Mitchell White all australian CHF
frown.gif

I will miss all our players

- Sierakowski had one of the biggest hearts of all players at the club
- McLaren will more than likely blossom at the kangaroos
- Carr's improvement from last year was enormous. If he was to continue to improve at this level, Freo will be very well of.
- Cranage has showed glimpses of brilliance amongst loads of inconsistency. Knowing our luck, he will put it all together at Carlton immediately on arrival.
- Darryl Wakelin (and Shane more than likely) are big losses to our defence. We will be severely stretched down back next year and will be heavily reliant on our forwards kicking big scores

I am sad to see all players leave us. None of this current group will make me cringe more than in 1995 when Tony Lockett put on the swans guernsey for the first time.

And we did do rather well out of trading this players so I am not complaing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WALSHY - The Bombers would be worried now that the star player Peter Berbakov has gone.How will they cope ?

Geelong would miss Barry Stoneham but I think he'll still keep being named in the team even though he's retired.

Molloy's still playing isn't he? And Glenn Archer more than fills his shorts.... Haselby better watch himself too.

On field we'll really miss Mitch. He has been the best delivery to Scotty (solid, not fat BTW
wink.gif
) for the past two years, I guess it'll make it difficult for him.

Off field, we'll miss Bluey SO much (if he leaves). We've offered him a coaching position, but it seems everyone else wants him too.... At least he'll be back when the 'master plan' comes to fruition....

I'd heard somewhere, can't remember where, that Brisbane were after Bluey as an Assistant Coach, along with Mark Roberts.

Mark Roberts would be a good pick up for Brisbane as an assistant coach. Denis Pagan used him as an "unofficial" assistant coach when he played for us (he would often point things out to players during the breaks between the quarters and chat to Pagan about what the opposition were doing) and said that given the right grounding, Roberts has the potential to be a very good coach.

I will miss Michael Collica, he only played a handful of games this year in the seniors but always played to his ability, good luck to him at west coast!!
Go the Hawks in 2001

Remove this Banner Ad

Back