List Mgmt. Who do you want to draft?

.... with Pick 12 in the 2018 AFL Draft, the GFC select (can pick one Available, Dreamer and Smokie

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Williams also, I think you would have to pull the trigger on him if available with our Picks in the 40s... I suspect he'll be gone in the 30s somewhere. He takes a lot of contested marks.

He kicked 24 goals 33 points, if he cleans up his kicking, he could've scored a lot more.

Not sure who I would take out of Gown or Williams, both good prospects IMO.

I would be looking to develop Buzza next season as a Key Defender, if he's no good at that, then he is on the chopping block or up for trade back to Qld.

Bailey Williams also, I think you would have to pull the trigger on him if available with our Picks in the 40s... I suspect he'll be gone in the 30s somewhere. He takes a lot of contested marks.

He kicked 24 goals 33 points, if he cleans up his kicking, he could've scored a lot more.

Not sure who I would take out of Gown or Williams, both good prospects IMO.

I would be looking to develop Buzza next season as a Key Defender, if he's no good at that, then he is on the chopping block or up for trade back to Qld.
if butcher cleaned up his kicking.........
not everyone caN

Tomorrow let’s get Joyce, Bytel & Williams.

Then Brownless in Rookie draft cheers lads.

Doubt that we’d leave Brownless till the rookie draft. Like those other 3 though. Joyce would be a good midfield option a bit later in the draft as would Bytel. Williams clearly another good tall option later on too. I am pretty enamoured with McKenzie for speed and Jarvis as a medium forward to replace what we’ve lost with Menzel/Murdoch. They are 5 good names. Unfortunately I’d say a few may well be gone before we next pick though.

Our List by Positions...

We are going to need Key Positions - Forward and Back line, along with a premium forward.

I would be looking to develop Buzza into a Key Defender this year, if this fails, then he get's chopped.

We can extend the careers of Dangerfield and GAJ in the forward line, meaning Key Position Forward, Key Position Defender and Rucks should be considered, and that's why I like Bailey Williams in this instance, he can develop into any one of those positions.

General Forwards
Rohan, Jones, Miers

Key Forwards
Hawkins, Kreuger

Key Forwards/Rucks
Stanley, SavRat, Buzza

Rucks
Smith, Abbott

Key Defender/Rucks
Blicavs

Forward/Midfielders
Dangerfield, GAJ, Dahlhaus, Cockatoo, Fogarty, Parfitt, Kelly, Narkle, Menegola

Midfielders
Selwood, Scooter, Duncan, Cunico, Simpson, Constable

Defender/Midfielders
Guthrie

General Defenders
Zuthrie, O'Connor, Tuohy, Stewart, Bews, Henry, Clark

Key Defenders
Taylor, Henderson, Kolo

Utility
Parsons

With pick 12 I want Clark, but I think he will be gone, if so I want Hately, but unfortunately I also think he will be gone. I really like the look of Taylor, great kick for goal and can also set others up, he is smooth and a great user of the ball, something we need in our forward half.

Congrats

I don't mind the idea of drafting Atkins but is he better than other mature age players available? Picket and Bolton for instance are both good players that can play multiple positions although both are older than Atkins. If we are picking a mature its be ideal to get them as a rookie, I think Picket will go in the main draft but Atkins, Bolton and others should be available as rookies. Where would Atkins play at AFL level? Small forward or small defender is a possibility he is a great tackler, tough and a leader so you'd think he would make the most if given the opportunity.

If available Gown or Williams would be handy picks but will the club add Kreuger, Shlensog and another key forward in the one draft?
We need to add at least 1 more midfielder with the next couple of picks as well hopefully a contested mid is there we can get or potentially one of the mature mids.
Does the Clark pick mean we won't go for Connor Idun different players but both general defenders although perhaps they think Clark can become an outside mid.
Luke Valente would be ideal if we had another pick in the next couple but he'll be gone maybe someone will fall through to our next pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my understanding. We now get Schenslong as a Cat B rookie since no bids (doesn’t take a list spot) allowing us to take one pick to the rookie draft.

Last edited:
12 - Sam Sturt or Jackson Hately - either a smart, marking half forward or a tall, inside mid
50 - Tom McKenzie - line breaking speed with useful foot skills
51 - Ben Jarvis - tall half forward with great hands and good endurance - potential to play as a mid
70 - Oscar Brownless - medium utility suited to playing half back or part of a midfield rotation

Didn’t think when i posted this that Clark was a chance for us. Fair to say I’m pretty happy with these picks yesterday and today. Just need a McKenzie as a rookie now...

Last edited:
Back