Remove this Banner Ad

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
OK, I assume we all want Henry, after our first 2 picks.
I understand the irony in me being the one posting the poll due to my continued disappointment with (IMO) wasting pick 2 on Andrew Brayshaw, but that is by-the-by.
Choose your 2 ideal picks for us, assuming Rowell & Anderson are gone.

jusjoshin

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2008
Gosnells
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, East Side Hawks
Robertson and one of either Young or Ash. Young and Ash are likely to be gone though so probably Stephens or Serong with Robertson.

People are sleeping on Robertson. He is an inside bull with great pace. His kicking isn't great, but it isn't appalling either. I'd be stoked if he gets to us and gutted if we pass on him.

Darcy 2 Fyfe

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
Yallingup
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
I like-

1- Stephens and Robertson
2- Young and Robertson
3- Ash and Robertson

The common denominator being Robertson. I think we will regret passing on a local talent with great pedigree in a time when we are in Mundy's last year. Get him, one of the other lads plus Henry and we have one of the most balanced young list in the AFL that will be contending for a decent few years.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
OK, I assume we all want Henry, after our first 2 picks.
I understand the irony in me being the one posting the poll due to my continued disappointment with (IMO) wasting pick 2 on Andrew Brayshaw, but that is by-the-by.
Choose your 2 ideal picks for us, assuming Rowell & Anderson are gone.
Everytime you piss and moan about Brayshaw it adds another 10 games to his career as freo captain. I have it at around 290 now.

PowerToThePurpl

All Australian
Jun 28, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
In order of preference:

Stephens
Young
Robertson
———————
Ash
Jackson
Flanders
———————
McAsey
Serong
Kemp

We’re fortunately placed with our picks this year so whatever the outcome is I think we’ve done well.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Everytime you piss and moan about Brayshaw it adds another 10 games to his career as freo captain. I have it at around 290 now.
not the time or place for this, dipstick.
have your piss and moan elsewhere.
How about a bit of respect for the club, by writing Freo with a capital letter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barls_7

Senior List
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why would we want another inside midfielder who has a questionable kick? That’s what Robertson is.

We have blakely, Brayshaw, conca, banfield.

It just doesn’t seem like a smart selection. We need more skill/forward power.

Flanders and young/ash for me

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why would we want another inside midfielder who has a questionable kick? That’s what Robertson is.

We have blakely, Brayshaw, conca, banfield.

It just doesn’t seem like a smart selection. We need more skill/forward power.

Flanders and young/ash for me
I rate Flanders but you wouldn't pick him if your criteria was inside mid who can kick. Similar level to Robertson. His point of difference is that he is a gun forward.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Kemp is my favourite player in the draft, think he'll be the best player in the draft once all their careers are over. Doubt it happens however

1. Deven Robertson/Dylan Stephens
2. Hayden Young/Deven Robertson
3. Lachie Ash/Deven Robertson
4. Hayden Young/Dylan Stephens
5. Lachie Ash/Dylan Stephens

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I rate Flanders but you wouldn't pick him if your criteria was inside mid who can kick. Similar level to Robertson. His point of difference is that he is a gun forward.
With Henry and Sturt likely to find positions forward, and the potential for Walters to stay at home more if he is not required to do as much in the midfield, I prefer to see us focusing on players who will be getting the ball into that forward line.

That definitely includes Stephens and Robertson too to an extent, and potentially Ash and Young.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Henry and Sturt likely to find positions forward, and the potential for Walters to stay at home more if he is not required to do as much in the midfield, I prefer to see us focusing on players who will be getting the ball into that forward line.

That definitely includes Stephens and Robertson too to an extent, and potentially Ash and Young.
Flanders can still midfield and I am sure will improve going forward. What you don't want, is blokes who are liabilities when not in their preferred positions which is why I like Flanders.

Also, not sure Sturt (as much as I rate him) or Henry are remotely a reason not to draft other gun forwards, especially one who was better than them as an underager.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
If Henry wasn't an NGA bid, would Freo fans rate Henry as a better prospect than Robertson?

What are your thoughts on Robertson flying the coup in a year or two. Do you think you will be able to retain him?

Obviously we don't have a draft pick this year that would allow us to draft him. Just wondering if any fans of other clubs are a bit iffy on him because the idea that he might want to play for the eagles in the future.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
What are your thoughts on Robertson flying the coup in a year or two. Do you think you will be able to retain him?

Obviously we don't have a draft pick this year that would allow us to draft him. Just wondering if any fans of other clubs are a bit iffy on him because the idea that he might want to play for the eagles in the future.

If he got drafted by Sydney it's possible that he'd want to come back to Perth at some stage, and I'd rate West Coast as more likely to grab him. As far as I'm aware though only 4 or 5 players have ever been traded between Freo and West Coast, and I think they were all in the late 90s. I'd rate the odds that he doesn't transfer to a rival club.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't think it matters who drafts Robertson. Think he will be a one club player for them. He's that kind of a person. He'll buy into the culture of the club that drafts him and dedicate himself to doing as well as he can for them. No different to Liam Henry really - if we didn't match a bid on Henry I reckon we'd have little to no chance of luring him back.

I'm still not sure the links to Freo and Robertson are based on anything other than him being from WA. We've been preaching "skills, skills, skills" all pre-season so far and then we draft a player over others with better skills? So long as we are getting two of the best prospects at our picks + Henry I'll be stoked regardless - if Deven is one of them great, if not, no worries.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
If he got drafted by Sydney it's possible that he'd want to come back to Perth at some stage, and I'd rate West Coast as more likely to grab him. As far as I'm aware though only 4 or 5 players have ever been traded between Freo and West Coast, and I think they were all in the late 90s. I'd rate the odds that he doesn't transfer to a rival club.

Do you rate Henry as a better prospect than Robertson?

To be honest, I really rate Robertson. While I was over the moon we got TK, I was bummed that it meant not getting any of the WA kids this year.

Robertson's uncle is our list manager.... Not sure if that means he'd be keen to get in Deven's ear and get him to come over...

Back