Politics Who do you want to see win the US election?

Who do you want to see win the US election?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

fatcat56

Debutant
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I know there's already a US election thread available, but I am curious to see who the Big Footy Community would vote for if they were American.

I really don't intend to create the same level of political discussion with this thread. I just want to see who people would vote for because there's no other thread of this type available and it is only 5 days away to the actual election.

If it is worth anything, I think both candidates are terrible. However, I would still pick Hillary any day of the week over Trump.

Hillary is a fairly awful person, but policy wise - she's a more hawkish Obama.

Trump is a completely awful person who doesn't seem to know anything about the world, economics... anything besides showmanship really. That and his neo-fascist 'watch the polls,' 'election is rigged,' '2Aers should act on Hillary,' 'I'll arrest Hillary,' is legitimately terrifying.

Unfortunately, it has to be Clinton by a mile. Please America, get some substantial electoral reform through your entire system so you don't ever again throw up two candidates as s**t as these.

Americans now realise that Hillary is dishonest. Not just a little bit dishonest like the average Joe, or even a lot dishonest like the average politician. We are talking about a “sell your own grandmother” crook. Her only chance of staying out of jail is to get a political pardon from her cronies or herself (should she be elected).

I still think Hillary will sneak over the line, but I hope Trump gets up. The media have outed themselves as partisan hacks this election cycle. They've made Fox News seem relatively even-handed in comparison. Trump winning would send a message to the establishment that the country still belongs to the people.

I still think Hillary will sneak over the line, but I hope Trump gets up. The media have outed themselves as partisan hacks this election cycle. They've made Fox News seem relatively even-handed in comparison. Trump winning would send a message to the establishment that the country still belongs to the people.
Were you also angered by the Murdoch papers' vendetta against the previous ALP government? That was as partisan as I've ever seen in this country.

The one aspect of this election from an Australian perspective that rarely gets much comment is the how the two candidates would impact on this country.

Clinton would be pretty much business as usual. An extension of current policy.

Trump though would be a disaster for us. His ripping up trade agreements and getting into a trade war with China alone threatens our economy "big league". So much so that I find it hard to believe any Australian would support him as president. He would be an utter disaster for us.

Were you also angered by the Murdoch papers' vendetta against the previous ALP government? That was as partisan as I've ever seen in this country.

It was pretty bad, but they always rip into whoever's in power. Tony Abbott copped it as harshly as anyone.

The difference with this one is that none of them are on Trump's side. At least with Gillard, Abbott, Rudd and Turnbull there are people providing some balance to the argument, with Trump it's just non-stop criticism. I can't recall seeing a single positive article or news segment about him throughout the entire campaign.

It was pretty bad, but they always rip into whoever's in power. Tony Abbott copped it as harshly as anyone.

The difference with this one is that none of them are on Trump's side. At least with Gillard, Abbott, Rudd and Turnbull there are people providing some balance to the argument, with Trump it's just non-stop criticism. I can't recall seeing a single positive article or news segment about him throughout the entire campaign.
I'd argue that the lack of hyperbolic headlines screaming of disunity, and demanding elections so prominent throughout the Rudd/Gillard years, now conspicuous in their absence despite the current government being every bit as chaotic, and fractured as the previous one, demonstrates just how deeply Murdoch was invested in the election of a Liberal government.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone with any common sense, any logic or understanding of the political system could ever vote or support Trump. his party dragged us into some shocking crimes against humanity and forever tainted our military forces. None of the Hillary is corrupt crew here will talk about that. Nor will they talk about the profits Trump made from those wars. trump is a clown like bush was. You can never ever vote for that again, if you have any brains. Do you have brains?

The trump crew point to fbi investigations into Hillary as if the FBI is not one of the most corrupt organizations around. Well news flash, it is corrupt. Extremely corrupt. Do your research.

The people shown to be the biggest hypocrites in this election have been the Christian Right.

Not only do they support a bloke without a moral compass, a bloke who doesn't support freedom of religion, but they also embrace & propagate every lie told about him or his opponent.

Drain the swamp? They are the swamp.

I'd argue that the lack of hyperbolic headlines screaming of disunity, and demanding elections so prominent throughout the Rudd/Gillard years, now conspicuous in their absence despite the current government being every bit as chaotic, and fractured as the previous one, demonstrates just how deeply Murdoch was invested in the election of a Liberal government.

The hysteria was even worse around Abbott. It's toned down a bit since Malcolm came in.

Americans now realise that Hillary is dishonest. Not just a little bit dishonest like the average Joe, or even a lot dishonest like the average politician. We are talking about a “sell your own grandmother” crook. Her only chance of staying out of jail is to get a political pardon from her cronies or herself (should she be elected).
Nonsense, and I don't like her one bit. She is dishonest because she is part of the establishment that is wholly dishonest. I'd be amused to see what evidence you have of crimes that would send her to jail.

Hillary would mean business as usual, which is bad luck for Middle Eastern countries, the US middle class and poor. Trump would be worse for Americans, simply because of the dangerous, xenophobic culture he has unleashed. He would probably be less dangerous for the rest of the word because he wants to pull back on some of the more aggressive wars. That said, the bureaucrats and Congress would run circles around him and it would probably be business as usual also.

So the answer is neither, I would find a suitable third party candidate (if there was one).

Anyone with any common sense, any logic or understanding of the political system could ever vote or support Trump. his party dragged us into some shocking crimes against humanity and forever tainted our military forces. None of the Hillary is corrupt crew here will talk about that. Nor will they talk about the profits Trump made from those wars. trump is a clown like bush was. You can never ever vote for that again, if you have any brains. Do you have brains?

The trump crew point to fbi investigations into Hillary as if the FBI is not one of the most corrupt organizations around. Well news flash, it is corrupt. Extremely corrupt. Do your research.
Haha. Believes in every conspiracy and then contradicts himself by supporting Shillary!

for Meds and evo

trump would be curtailed by deep state actors and double government. Hilary can navigate the vested interests and still do Benghazi.*** the fascism thing is a massive scare campaign.
*** I actually mean HRC would do the worst that RAND and Boeing want, and then do $hit with SusanRice like Benghazi, double the $hit. This is not the KissSteph lens. quite the opposite. Will KissSteph come back if HRC is elected, hormone replacement clinton acronym HRC oh the misogyny

I would like someone to ask why Trump's purported demagogy and racism has got so much traction in the electorate. They really need to flick the lens, and engage the mirror. The media is s**t. That is why, atleast with Rupert's Aus, you can overlay that political economic lens. The Age and Fairfax just offers succour moms motherhood pap

https://www.amazon.com/National-Security-Government-Michael-Glennon/dp/0190206446
"Michael Glennon has written a brilliant book that helps explain why U.S. foreign policy changes so little over time, despite frequent failure.... Glennon shows how the underlying national security bureaucracy in Washington - what might be called the deep state - ensures that presidents and their successors act on the world stage like Tweedledee and Tweedledum."
John J. Mearsheimer
R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor of Political Science

ok, so good ol Slavoj does his regular shtick and is taking an inverse position, may be tired and cliched, but worth 120 seconds

actually, the worst is the talking point about Michelle Obama and her future aspirations. So she did law at Harvard. what else in on her cv? undergrad at Princeton. But what about professional life. If a husband had similar accomplishments and his wife was in the Whitehouse, no way we would be discussing this novel talking point.

medusala evo

Last edited:
As blackcat states: 99% they are both puppets for the same master

It's just theatre for the unwashed masses.

The double goverment book recommended is indeed very good.

Back