Who do you want to take at pick 3?

Who do you realistically want the Swans to draft with pick 3?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Bruhn a bit of a wild card at our selection?

Hard to be overly confident off a 2 minute youtube video but he reminds me a lot of Cotchin.

Could be but another player with limited form and off an injury in 2019 IIRC.

Smooth mover. Pick 5 -12 range

Hard to be overly confident off a 2 minute youtube video but he reminds me a lot of Cotchin.
Has really punchable hair?

Was completely against it but I’m down with DBG after watching highlights. Reads it incredibly well.

I want to pick the player that will, in retrospect, be the best young player next year. Can't tell you who that is, but I know if we don't pick up that player, the recruiters have failed miserably and should be hung drawn a quartered.
Really put yourself out there with that comment. :p

Last edited:
One of the defining memory of my childhood is my mother yelling at Greg Stafford to jump more.
My son played under 14 when Stafford's nephew played for Wests U16 with Paul Bevan. Greg came to a game and was mobbed. Nobody told him to jump!

Is Bruhn a bit of a wild card at our selection?

Absolutely, similar to a Stephens type pick, none of the fanfare all of the hallmarks of a minor Beatson reach just for lols, hed take him at pick 1 to annoy our clubs supporters.

Absolutely, similar to a Stephens type pick, none of the fanfare all of the hallmarks of a minor Beatson reach just for lols, hed take him at pick 1 to annoy our clubs supporters.

One thing is very likely based on history, the 5 guys listed above plus JUH won't be the first 6 players selected in the draft this year. There will be at least one and probably 2 or 3 who jump into the top 6.

Not the ruckman I hope

Average rucks can win flags

No way at 3

so can average forwards (see sydney 2012) and average mids (see sydney 2005)

I don't actually want a ruck as our pick but I do think quality talls are much much harder to find than quality mids. And they are much harder to come by. Weitering is a more valuable player imho than walsh. replacing weitering is harder than replacing walsh.

if and only if the recruiter was undecided as to best availabkle then i would always go with the tall.

so can average forwards (see sydney 2012) and average mids (see sydney 2005)

I don't actually want a ruck as our pick but I do think quality talls are much much harder to find than quality mids. And they are much harder to come by. Weitering is a more valuable player imho than walsh. replacing weitering is harder than replacing walsh.

if and only if the recruiter was undecided as to best availabkle then i would always go with the tall.
I said ruckman not KPP

McDonald wil be gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swans pull a surprise, trading Pick 3 to Essendon for 7&8.

The surprises don’t stop there though, as the Hawks, Roos & Essendon all go with bizarre reaches, allowing the Swans to take DGB at 6 & Phillips at 7

Campbell then doesn’t attract a bid until Port enter in the mid-30’s, which is promptly matched.

The Swans close out the draft taking Gulden at 51.
I think Adelaide would consider 7 and 8 for 1.
North would do it for 2 in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Obviously McDonald, but will not be available.

So would be Hollands, DGB and Phillips.

Really interesting to see if we go tall as next years draft is stacked with midfield talent - eyes on Sonsie and Chesser.

Also if we need tall fwd Van Rooyen would be ideal
Not impossible that Crows go Thilthorpe and North go Hollands leaving us with McDonald.

I think Thilthorpe is a key fwd. Not a ruck.

Not impossible that Crows go Thilthorpe and North go Hollands leaving us with McDonald.

I think Thilthorpe is a key fwd. Not a ruck.

Would love McDonald - reckon NM would pounce or trade it to a team who wants McDonald.

Thilthorpe is ridiculously difficult to rate for mine. Has the tools and can string a good season together. Best could be Ottens, worst could be Wright to date.

Hasn't had a settled position which is a bit of a flag for mine.

Could go 1 or any of essendon's picks.

True, but we can't guarantee we will have access to the best of them since for all we know we could have our first pick outside the top 10.

Even if that’s the case there are plenty of pure insides available every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back