Who do you want to take at pick 3?

Who do you realistically want the Swans to draft with pick 3?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new rule would allow us to move Naismith to the rookie list too wouldn’t it?

Naismith is better served staying on the senior list as we can place him on the Long Term Injury List in the new year and then we are able to either promote a Cat B rookie (remember they can only play senior football if promoted to the senior list via this manner) such as O'Connor or sign a Pre-Season Supplemental Selection like we did with McLean in 2019.

Moving Naismith to the Rookie List is just a waste of a spot. You would look at someone who is likely to play if you were to do it.

Edit: So I have just seen that Cat B rookies no longer need to be promoted to play senior football, they can play senior football like Cat A rookies. So basically the only reason you keep Naismith on the senior list is to open up a Supplemental Selection.

Last edited:

According to the AFL website “Each club will be permitted to move two players straight from the senior to rookie list for next season after new list constraints and a nine per cent salary cap reduction was confirmed last week.”

Yes, that is the end result without having to go through the process of re-drafting them in the rookie draft.

But if they are contracted, we still have to technically delist them to break the contract and then have them listed under the rookie contract.

It will mean that the higher contract amount is still in the TPP and to be paid, but the rookie list contract portion won’t be included.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Robbie Fox is available at pick 3.

;)

Can I ask why you are all so sure that 2021 is not going to be a 'rinse & repeat' of 2020 as far as COVID-19 and it's impact on AFL? I really don't think we can bank on that, given the state of the virus throughout the northern hemisphere. I know Victorians talk about their 'second' wave, but that was really just the first wave. The next one isn't likely due until March/April next year...

I vote that we treat this draft/trade period on it's merits and worry about next year once we see how it pans out.

Can I ask why you are all so sure that 2021 is not going to be a 'rinse & repeat' of 2020 as far as COVID-19 and it's impact on AFL? I really don't think we can bank on that, given the state of the virus throughout the northern hemisphere. I know Victorians talk about their 'second' wave, but that was really just the first wave. The next one isn't likely due until March/April next year...

I vote that we treat this draft/trade period on it's merits and worry about next year once we see how it pans out.

The vaccine is coming out in the next few months, in fact 3 separate vaccines are coming out and hopefully by March most Australians will have been vaccinated.

The vaccine is coming out in the next few months, in fact 3 separate vaccines are coming out and hopefully by March most Australians will have been vaccinated.
By March only those in high risk occupations will have access and the vulnerable at best. General public won’t be able to access the vaccine until the latter part of next year. Until the public is vaccinated, state governments hysteria will see things closed down on minimal cases.

By March only those in high risk occupations will have access and the vulnerable at best. General public won’t be able to access the vaccine until the latter part of next year. Until the public is vaccinated, state governments hysteria will see things closed down on minimal cases.

I heard a few days ago that the first doses of the vaccine is expected to be happening within 2 months.

Pick 3 for the vaccine.
That's a problem.

We would immediately put it in the back or forward pocket even though it clearly is a mid. Very little is seen from the vaccine and Horse lets it languish there until.....INJURY.

On Monday morning the medicos come out and assure us that the vaccine is just 4 - 6 weeks away. 12 months later the vaccine makes an appearance.

Meanwhile in 2023 the Swans finally trade the vaccine to Hawthorn for pick 72 and a bag of chips after Richmond draft a rookie vaccine in 2022 and play it in position with licence to cure.

The vaccine cures everything in Melbourne although Sydney, Brisbane and the west of the country fail to get it until "later" having to wait out a AFL decreed "vaccine ban" because reasons.

At the time of the ban announcement Gil, now known as our Saviour and Overlord GM, helpfully explained his reasoning thus - "Shut up peasants".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction for the top 10 will be:

Pick 1 - Adelaide (McDonald)
Pick 2 - North (JUH - bid matched)
Pick 3 - North (Hollands)
Pick 4 - Sydney (Thilthorpe)
Pick 5 - Hawthorn (DGB)
Pick 6 - Gold Coast (Phillips :'(:'(:'()
Pick 7 - Essendon (Campbell - bid matched)
Pick 8 - Essendon (Cox)
Pick 9 - Essendon (Bruhn)
Pick 10 - Essendon (Perkins)

And I dreamt one night that Osama Bin Laden was killed after a decade on the run. Two days later, he was killed after a decade on the run. So I really shouldn't call the above a prediction, I should call it a prophecy.

Pick 5 - Hawthorn (DGB)
Pick 8 - Essendon (Cox)

And I dreamt one night that Osama Bin Laden was killed after a decade on the run. Two days later, he was killed after a decade on the run. So I really shouldn't call the above a prediction, I should call it a prophecy.
Hope your wrong

Not pick 3 imo

That's a problem.

We would immediately put it in the back or forward pocket even though it clearly is a mid. Very little is seen from the vaccine and Horse lets it languish there until.....INJURY.

On Monday morning the medicos come out and assure us that the vaccine is just 4 - 6 weeks away. 12 months later the vaccine makes an appearance.

Meanwhile in 2023 the Swans finally trade the vaccine to Hawthorn for pick 72 and a bag of chips after Richmond draft a rookie vaccine in 2022 and play it in position with licence to cure.

The vaccine cures everything in Melbourne although Sydney, Brisbane and the west of the country fail to get it until "later" having to wait out a AFL decreed "vaccine ban" because reasons.

At the time of the ban announcement Gil, now known as our Saviour and Overlord GM, helpfully explained his reasoning thus - "Shut up peasants".

I had the vaccine as a lockdown defender.

Pick 5 - Hawthorn (DGB)
Pick 8 - Essendon (Cox)

As much as I don’t get the hate Thilthorpe gets on here, I’d prefer we take DGB over him if both are available.

Well, I'd really like to hope you're right, but it you are I'll be absolutely amazed!!!

I think we'll be lucky to have had most Australians vaccinated by the end of 2021. I think the most likely order is Health Care Workers, the Aged/infirm/disabled, 'essential' workers and then the rest of us. And I think everything after the Aged/Infirm/Disabled is likely to be a poo fight with everyone thinking they are more entitled!

Well, I'd really like to hope you're right, but it you are I'll be absolutely amazed!!!

I think we'll be lucky to have had most Australians vaccinated by the end of 2021. I think the most likely order is Health Care Workers, the Aged/infirm/disabled, 'essential' workers and then the rest of us. And I think everything after the Aged/Infirm/Disabled is likely to be a poo fight with everyone thinking they are more entitled!

To be honest I would take everyone arguing they deserve the vaccine next more than the next person over millions of people saying they don't trust the vaccine or that it is part of some government conspiracy and them refusing to take it.

To be honest I would take everyone arguing they deserve the vaccine next more than the next person over millions of people saying they don't trust the vaccine or that it is part of some government conspiracy and them refusing to take it.
Oh, absolutely right there with you!!!

You're probably right.

Greetings

I have the Swans in our upcoming Phantom Draft, so I thought I would float in to read this thread.

Seems most have Phillips as their preferred player, while I do see that inside role as a need, I also see your spine as an area that needs addressing, given the age of many of your talls

Couple of questions:

How are Amartey and McLean tracking?

Is McCartin preferred as a defender or a forward?

Where do you see Blakey longterm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back