Who do you want to take at pick 3?

Who do you realistically want the Swans to draft with pick 3?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum is 62 years old and 155cm. She might not be the best choice.

I don't watch football with her as she yells at the TV for the players to jump higher. The Swans would be an amazing team if, according to her, each of our players were able to jump a little higher.
Are you one of my daughters? That's a perfect description of my good self, albeit a few years younger.

IMO we WILL NOT take a player from Victoria with our first pick.
We went with Stephens last year who was a SA boy, played senior footy & who seemed mature enough to not be swayed by a go home factor.

I feel that leaves us picking either McDonald, Thilthorpe or DGB, all of whom have played senior footy in their state &handled themselves quite well.
To narrow it down to two think the two WA boys are the ones & to narrow it down further, McDonald will be taken before our pick so I am leaning towards DGB. If it had to be a midfielder & a Victorian due to having to take the next best available for our situation, then Phillips it is.

My hard earned is on DGB.

We went with Stephens last year who was a SA boy, played senior footy & who seemed mature enough to not be swayed by a go home factor.

I feel that leaves us picking either McDonald, Thilthorpe or DGB, all of whom have played senior footy in their state &handled themselves quite well.
To narrow it down to two think the two WA boys are the ones & to narrow it down further, McDonald will be taken before our pick so I am leaning towards DGB. If it had to be a midfielder & a Victorian due to having to take the next best available for our situation, then Phillips it is.

I could be wrong but I think we have taken quite a few players from Victoria in the last 5 years or so. I don't think we have a policy of picking players based on the state they live.

We shouldn’t NOT take someone due to where they are from, especially with a prime pick. Best available
You do know how double negatives work, right?

A bit outside the consensus but I can't really split DGB, Hollands and Phillips in terms of talent. If Thilthorpe, McDonald and JUH are gone before our pick i might even contemplate a downgrade to pick 4 or 5 for the right upgrades next year and or this year.

Dont know the points but something like... downgrade 3 to 5 (GC) for an upgrade 60 to 27 or
Downgrade 3 to 4 (Hawthorn) for an upgrade 34 to 24. Still get a great player but bank points and guarantee no deficit next year.

Also, what is our future 1st honestly worth? If Campbell isn't called by Essendons last pick would you swap next years 1st for theirs this year? Pushes the matching out by at least one but almost guarantees us 3 top 10 picks this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, what is our future 1st honestly worth? If Campbell isn't called by Essendons last pick would you swap next years 1st for theirs this year? Pushes the matching out by at least one but almost guarantees us 3 top 10 picks this year?
I brought this up the other day too. Essendon have 3 picks back to back. I reckon they’ll bid on Campbell with the second of those picks but whether they bid on him or not I think a trade for one those picks for our 2021 1st is a viable option for both parties.

Campbell doesn't get enough disposals to be considered a midfield superstar. Very good player potentially, but how many midfield superstars do you know of that average under 15 disposals a game?

Worth mentioning you’re mostly basing this one his underage year (as he didn’t play much this year!) where 15 probably isn’t as big an issue.

Doesn't Stephen's sister live in Newcastle? Feel like that was a big influencer in us taking him.

Similarly McDonald's dad lives in Adelaide so plenty of Crows fans are convinced he'll be taken at pick 1

Doesn't Stephen's sister live in Newcastle? Feel like that was a big influencer in us taking him.

Similarly McDonald's dad lives in Adelaide so plenty of Crows fans are convinced he'll be taken at pick 1

McDonald should be taken 1 as he's the best player in the draft period.

The Age claimed we were all over DBG. Which I guess makes a kind of sense. But gee wouldn't it be nice to have our very own young midfield superstar.
Maybe we're trying to publicly give the impression we want DBG because there is another player Adelaide or North Melbourne like who they feel might slide and they can trade back into the draft and get a second bite? If they thought we wanted them they might put a cheeky early bid on Campbell.

Maybe we're trying to publicly give the impression we want DBG because there is another player Adelaide or North Melbourne like who they feel might slide and they can trade back into the draft and get a second bite? If they thought we wanted them they might put a cheeky early bid on Campbell.

Would have thought it was blond obvious DJB would have been an option anyway it's not rocket science especially after we traded AA.

Last year we seemed to be more discreet with who we were interested in. Even the media were not certain we wanted to select Stephens with pick 5.

The draft is still a few weeks away. We might be leaning towards a particular player but still be open minded.

I want to pick someone that can play AFL football at senior level. Preferably well.

If the "well" part isn't a requirement I am available. I mean I may only be 174cm, I definitely can't kick, can't really mark either, was an okay runner when I was 16 but am now 32 and definitely not an okay runner anymore and I am built a bit like Lewis Jetta in year one but with a stomach that is slightly less flat.

I could technically play AFL in the same way a shetland pony could technically compete in the Melbourne Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back