Votes: 101 29.0%
  • GWS

Votes: 220 63.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 27 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt necessarily saying Whitfield is coming back in fresh... block just had his appendix extracted.

After missing a prelim for that I'm looking forward to hearing about every other AFL player that hasn't had their appendix removed having it done over the off-season.

Wouldn't mind either. Would be nice to see Richmond win another but their supporters will become unbearable if they have 2 AFL flags. GWS winning obviously wouldn't bother any supporters of vic clubs

I was really looking forward to Tigers V Pies Grand Final more so for the hyped lead up during the week and to finally see two of the big four in a Grand Final again! But now that the Giants are in I would like nothing more than to see them win Saturday just to shut a few of the Cocky Tiger supporters on here! Having said that Tigers are a great team and will be much deserved winners, and to see them redeem after last year!

Guess what I'm saying is Heart wants Tigers to win Brain wants Giants to win either way couldn't give a stuff!
Haha! That's a convoluted way of saying... meh! :p

Wouldnt necessarily saying Whitfield is coming back in fresh... block just had his appendix extracted.

My daughter coaches u12 basket ball. One of her boys had his appendix out two weeks ago and played in a gf yesterday. Sure not a heavy contact sport but the little guy played. They won by 2 points btw.

He would have some extra padding strapped to the area and should be fine.

GWS

GWS and Richmond are the most deserving competitors for the GF, not because they technically made it through this Finals series but because Richmond have been clearly the best team over the last 3 years while GWS have been the best challengers over 4 years. Richmond better than GWS because of the flag in ‘17 and minor premiership last year but in the past 4 years GWS have achieved 1 semi, 2 prelims, and now 1 gf which could be a flag - the only team to have had finals victories in each of those 4 years.

Richmond are deserving favourites but there’s no better challenger than GWS for this GF

GWS have 30,000 members. They will celebrate it, just like the Bulldogs 35,000 members did in 2016.
Anyway, so last year when West Coast won the premiership was it only a fraction of the celebration, only
part of the significance of Richmond's premiership in 2017 because West Coast have less members
than Richmond. Was that the feeling across Perth at the time? That it was great to win, but really the
win lacked the point of Richmond's win a year earlier.

It's huge in Perth when the Eagles win a GF. Perth is a two town team with 2 million, and when the oldest, biggest AFL club from the West win it goes off. I still feel we have more casual fans than any Melbourne club, and the atmosphere after a granny win unites much of Perth the way no Melbourne team winning can match.

My daughter coaches u12 basket ball. One of her boys had his appendix out two weeks ago and played in a gf yesterday. Sure not a heavy contact sport but the little guy played. They won by 2 points btw.

He would have some extra padding strapped to the area and should be fine.

That may be so, hard to say his "fresh" though right?

Should be fine and "fresh" are not the same thing.

GWS. Like them more than Richmond and I don't know the only person that supports them in WA so no gloating to cop.

Also for the LOLs to be had with Freo supporters.
There it is. I knew one of you west coast supporters would say this.

I am not suprised how sadistic some of you west coast eagles fans are.

It would look bad for Freo if GWS won the flag. It took 19 years for freo to make one, despite doing many stupid things on the way to that 19 year journey.

It took GWS 8 years to make the Grand final. It took Port years as well. West coast in 8 years was already in a 3rd grand final. Crows were in their 2nd straight grand final in their 8th year in existence too.

I want GWS to win it. Matt DeBoer is still loved at freo to a degree.

I wont be fussed if Richmond win. It looks like they are another Geelong. Richmond looks like they are destined to win the 2017, 2019 and 2021 flags

Come on, I don't really care how many fake members The GWS have. How many people actually attend their games and actively support the team? Have you read their gameday threads on their board? Every other teams gameday threads goes at pages a minute during a game. GWS, just crickets. Nobody actually cares about or supports the team, they are just a vacant, empty space.

Interesting analysis. The new barometer of how much support a team has is how many pithy two word posts they get on the
gameday thread on Big Footy.

Come on, I don't really care how many fake members The GWS have. How many people actually attend their games and actively support the team? Have you read their gameday threads on their board? Every other teams gameday threads goes at pages a minute during a game. GWS, just crickets. Nobody actually cares about or supports the team, they are just a vacant, empty space.
Judging the club by Big Footy posts. unnamed-22.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for footy if the giants win, more kids playing AFL in NSW means more high quality players means a better standard of competition.

Also means less subsidising of the Giants.

Therefore the Giants.

Wouldn't mind either. Would be nice to see Richmond win another but their supporters will become unbearable if they have 2 AFL flags. GWS winning obviously wouldn't bother any supporters of vic clubs

Don't worry, we still have a long way to go before we get as arrogant and self entitled as Geelong fans.

ordinarily wouldn't care but as a Swans supporter, I never want North (arch rival), Giants (cross-town rival), or Collingwood (a GF record of just 34% which I'd like to see go further south of 30%) to win any future GFs.

And once I found out they not only had 7 games at the MCG, but 5 consecutive 7+ day turnarounds from Rd 18 until the end of the season, I ended up putting coin on Richmond to win the premiership in mid-July.

"Oh they're from Tigerland......."

Last edited:
GWS because they have never won one, and it will build a stronger supporter base and AFL in Sydney.

Don't worry, we still have a long way to go before we get as arrogant and self entitled as Geelong fans.
Yeah that's right, Cats have 3x the AFL flags to gloat about. Tigers not even close yet.

In a grand final you'd also expect his opponents to be 'testing out' his abdominal area quite frequently.

His guts are going spill out all over the MCG in front of a TV audience of millions. It'll be like that scene from Alien.

The AFL should step in and prevent it.

Back