Opinion Who do you want to win the GF?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty straight forward question, and for plenty their team will not be playing on GF day. It’s pretty neutral for me every year with Melbourne never near a GF. I am always getting to PF week and looking at the possible combinations, and then thinking about who I’d like to win the flag, as well as the best contest to watch. Last year for example was brilliant.

Personally I’d like it to be Geelong or GWS. I like the Cats and i hope Scott can get himself another flag, been to the well many times. The Giants are playing a pretty hot style of footy right now and there’s a heap of hate for them. What about combinations? Who wins?

Richmond v Collingwood
Richmond v GWS
Geelong v Collingwood
Geelong v GWS

All teams have the ability to be very exciting on their day. So who do you want to win and why?

Whoever Patrick Dangerfield doesn't play for. In order of preference I'd have GWS, Pies, Richmond, Geelong.

Champion of the game. Complains a lot on-field, but gives his all and more. Not many going around right now more deserving.
Premierships are earned. Nobody is deserving of a premiership.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Champion of the game. Complains a lot on-field, but gives his all and more. Not many going around right now more deserving.

You'd be hard pressed to fine many players who don't give their all - Danger has more to give because of his talent but that doesn't mean he deserves it more than any other player

Plus he is a complete flog who loves himself

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
GWS, Pies, Richmond, Geelong.

GWS becaus would be great seeing a side that hasn't won it come from 6th. Then Pies, that redemption story from the WC loss would be a great narrative. Then Richmond because they are a good side, but would prefer them not win. And last Geelong because their supporters are hard enough to stomach already. You'd they they are going back 2 back the way they still rage on about their last flag.

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Geelong to defeat the Magpies by 38 points & Hawkins ripping it apart......Couldn’t see that possibly coming true though. 😊

Back