Bumped Who DON'T you want? (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fisher McAsey.

Every early phantom draft had us taking him when players like Stephens and Kemp were still available. I have no doubt that Fisher can be a great player someday, but this is our highest draft selection in forever and we shouldn't waste it on a one-paced key position defender.

Our outside pace and midfield class are the two areas of most concern (with small forward for the future not far behind).

Well if you would not by a membership cause of who our recruiters would pick up even tho they would no lot more than you about the players. Then i would hardly say you are a true supporter anyway.

What a load of rubbish, I have supported Melbourne for 30 years.

These incompetent ninnies are at Melbourne on a salary - they are being paid big money.

The supporters are paying money, and are sick of the incompetence and underachievement of the club.

why laugh if you think Will Martyn will be a good player? pull that trigger baby, put your money where your mouth is.

What's the point we will both forget in 2 months about this post. For the record Finn will play loads more as the hawks will bottom out badly imo..

Happy to bet 20 bucks to your charity of choice that marto will have more top 10 bnf finishes then Finn...

Finn like mcasey are so over rated.

What's the point we will both forget in 2 months about this post. For the record Finn will play loads more as the hawks will bottom out badly imo..

Happy to bet 20 bucks to your charity of choice that marto will have more top 10 bnf finishes then Finn...

Finn like mcasey are so over rated.
Good chance Martyn doesn’t get drafted.

I’m a nuffie who rates other players higher at our picks.

By and large the Sandringham kids underperformed this year.

I wouldn’t draft any of the tall forwards or key defenders in this draft either. Will Gould excepted.

Personally I would rather trade for a future first from a possible non play off team.

Fisher McAsey.

Every early phantom draft had us taking him when players like Stephens and Kemp were still available. I have no doubt that Fisher can be a great player someday, but this is our highest draft selection in forever and we shouldn't waste it on a one-paced key position defender.

Our outside pace and midfield class are the two areas of most concern (with small forward for the future not far behind).

Beat me to it. No need for a young key tall when we actually have decent stock of them now. Need outside run (Dylan Stephens) or I'd be happy to take Kemp at 11.

Melbourne NOT to draft Luke Jackson at 3.

Ruckmen are not that important, and Melbourne already has a top ruck, plus a competent backup in Preuss.

Would be a ridiculous pick. Will not be re-signing membership if Dees pick Jackson, will get a GWS membership instead.
Ruckmen aren't that important, yet you'll buy a membership with the club that desperately wants Jackson at pick 4?

The draft is obviously subjective so I was surprised to see people not wanting McAsey when I'd have him in the top 5 of this years picks. At #9 I'd definitely prefer Stephens to Serong.

The draft is obviously subjective so I was surprised to see people not wanting McAsey when I'd have him in the top 5 of this years picks. At #9 I'd definitely prefer Stephens to Serong.

I watched mcasey in a game from memory where worrell did he's shoulder. He had 2 touches till late in the 3q and was pushed into the ruck. Some see that as a good thing he can play every where but where does he settle in afl? A few question marks for me for a guy going so high ..

I watched mcasey in a game from memory where worrell did he's shoulder. He had 2 touches till late in the 3q and was pushed into the ruck. Some see that as a good thing he can play every where but where does he settle in afl? A few question marks for me for a guy going so high ..

His best football at U18s was as a defender but versatility like Ben King showed this year playing up forward isn't a bad thing. My guess would be his starts his career in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong. If we pick him with Stephens still on the board I will lose my s**t. Looks like most Carlton fans feel the same way.

Also this.

With either Robertson or Stephens on the board and we pick Serong I'll probably completely lose faith. Even if Young and Serong are good mates in real life designed to aid retention that's just a hilariously poor decision.

I don't want McCasey not because I think he won't be a good player, but because the crows midfield has lacked high level class for a long time now. This has correlated with a lack of success.

On the other hand, if no one wants Day and Gould, I'd be happy for them to slide to 22 and 23 :)

Ruckmen aren't that important, yet you'll buy a membership with the club that desperately wants Jackson at pick 4?

Key difference is that GWS doesn't have a top ruckman...Melbourne has Max Gawn.

Or did you forget that, Jason Taylor?

Key difference is that GWS doesn't have a top ruckman...Melbourne has Max Gawn.

Or did you forget that, Jason Taylor?
By the time Jackson is ready to take over Maxy will be 33 and on the way out. This draft would make the timing perfect to potentially have a top ruck for 15 years.

Melbourne NOT to draft Luke Jackson at 3.

Ruckmen are not that important, and Melbourne already has a top ruck, plus a competent backup in Preuss.

Would be a ridiculous pick. Will not be re-signing membership if Dees pick Jackson, will get a GWS membership instead.
What a horrible time to jump off the Dees.

Hope GWS can break the drought the Premiership drought for you.

What a load of rubbish, I have supported Melbourne for 30 years.

These incompetent ninnies are at Melbourne on a salary - they are being paid big money.

The supporters are paying money, and are sick of the incompetence and underachievement of the club.
hope You didn’t celebrate the dees winning then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back