Bumped Who DON'T you want to draft with your first pick? (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

This draft was part of a growing trend of recruiters realising certain types of players generally don't work.

Unathletic forwards who aren't KPPs are bad picks (Lennon). Unathletic midfielders who can only play one position have their limits (Crouch and Dunstan). Small players belong in the forward pocket unless they're amazing (Lewis Taylor). If you're going to pick a multi position player, pick a guy whose proven they can play one position, and then has another one they can dabble. Not a guy who hasn't proven it anywhere but "could be anything". Don't pick midfielders who can't get contested ball (Billings).

This draft was part of a growing trend of recruiters realising certain types of players generally don't work.

Unathletic forwards who aren't KPPs are bad picks (Lennon). Unathletic midfielders who can only play one position have their limits (Crouch and Dunstan). Small players belong in the forward pocket unless they're amazing (Lewis Taylor). If you're going to pick a multi position player, pick a guy whose proven they can play one position, and then has another one they can dabble. Not a guy who hasn't proven it anywhere but "could be anything". Don't pick midfielders who can't get contested ball (Billings).

Bit harsh on Crouch. Has dropped off now but he did win an AA in the year he helped us make a grand final. Not too bad for a second round pick.

Bontempelli. Would get over it i suppose but really doesn't have enough runs on the board for me and is quite ungainly. Big gangly looking bugger who i think will be exposed for pace at AFL level.

I rate Sam Gilbert as a player but i wouldn't use pick 4 on a Gilbert type. Understand Marcus has better scope to play midfield but even still i think he needs to clean things up by hand.

Essentially at pick 4 we could just get someone who's less of a project, with similar pedigree and more of a natural footy player. Anyone around that range is classier than Bonts imo
This bump was damning for me so I thought I’d show the evidence I actually watched some Bont vision and had changed my mind pre draft. Couldn’t bare the embarrassment

1EE7496E-7052-4730-A7A0-736E41C09DF0.jpeg 3BC84640-005E-4636-84D4-5D8059CF5EFF.jpeg AD573255-270C-41BD-9EC3-98482E7AC82B.jpeg DAD0A13A-1AB7-4648-BB2F-3E76A34127BB.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back