Opinion Who DON'T you want your team to draft? 2022 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
We hear about the players everyone wants all the time, but this thread always presents a fun opportunity for people to end up with egg on their face in a couple of years time, or for your views to be proven right and have ultimate bragging power in the future!

2021 Edition
2019 Edition

I’m not hyped for an inside mid. Dogs do need to rebuild our young mid stocks, but that can wait a lot longer than our KPD situation can. Phillipou and Ginbey would be good as they have bona fide second positions and there could well not be a reasonable KPD at our first pick, but I’d really want us to go after two KPDs if we take a mid first.

Also not keen to draft a key forward and turn him into a defender.

Should be on the main part of the draft and trading board rather than tucked away with the phantom drafts.

To answer the question though. Not keen on Hewett as he is supposed to be a mid but he averaged 16 disposals in the WAFL. That just isn't enough.
Hewett played league footy though didn’t play in the u18 comp.

Tsatas (not that we will have the chance)
Jefferson (gives me mitch brown vibes)
Hewett (i rate him but the WA go home thing after clark)
Probably keeler (all the tools but gives me josh schache softness vibes)

Also dont really want a small forward purely as we are stacked for them.

Wardlaw dodgy hammies and Essendon scares me
Humphries lacks a tank so did Francis we are bad at developing tanks
Tsitas last thing we need is another mid who doesn't like contact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really excited for this draft given we have pick 23 and our only other pick almost 50.

Jhye Clark - can play but just a dime a dozen midfielder imo.

Tsatas - not sold on him
Humphrey - red flags and poor kicking
Hayes - His brother looking like he's not going to make it through a game, then the time trial incident big red flag

Tsatas (not that we will have the chance)
Jefferson (gives me mitch brown vibes)
Hewett (i rate him but the WA go home thing after clark)
Probably keeler (all the tools but gives me josh schache softness vibes)

Also dont really want a small forward purely as we are stacked for them.
Clark wasn’t “go home thing”, he wasn’t getting games at Geelong as he couldn’t break into the team.

Very much opportunity based

Just today I realised that I don't want North to take Keeler, Lemmey or Scully even though we need to start adding KPF prospects. They all have at least a couple caveats as prospects so I think it would be more prudent to take either Vic forwards (like Gruzewski or Petric) or players from wherever that are more likely to make it. My reasoning is that ND picks are two year commitments and interstate players need more off-field support. We save our resources, gather depth in other positions (and we need depth in every position but on-ball) and then hit next year's draft for tall forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back