Toast Who else owes Sauce an apology?

Long season. Still a risk if not managed.
This. He was pus in the finals last year because of the workload catching up to him. If we didn't learn from that last year and have him limp into finals barely able to move again his Round 6 form won't be much of a consolation.

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe, I still believe that if he doesn't play well then we can't compete with the best. Doesn't mean I owe him an apology, if anything Sauce owes us an apology for playing so inconsistently and playing injured.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Yeah i don't recall specifically asking for his head, but i was getting worried about his mobility late in the season.

Will need to be managed correctly this year.

Don't want him to get to the one-inch jump levels he reached last year.

My complaint still holds true--he mistimes his jump still which drives me nuts. :p

But it is clear we really benefit from no third man up because we have him. :thumbsu:

Thommo looked pretty damn good in the first six rounds last year. Just sayin'.

We need to manage him better this year to make sure he stays fresh.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Not me because I dont throw a player in the scrap heap after some bad form or a bad game.
In fairness, Sauce has had some extended periods of bad form over the last couple of years.

Would love to see him consistently perform to the level he did on the weekend, but the jury's still out for mine.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
As soon as they announced the change to the 3rd up rule I knew he'd be in for a good year. Without all those pesky tall midfielders jumping all over him he should last longer too. Hopefully we look to give him a rest at some stage and give ROB another taste.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
by far and away his best game ever, if he can keep clocking up games even at 80% of that level he'll be a permanent fixture.

and if he can improve, happy days.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Called him cooked in my first and only ever "bookmark it" post during preseason.
Thought I was on to a sure thing.

Sorry Sauce.

Called him cooked in my first and only ever "bookmark it" post during preseason.
Thought I was on to a sure thing.

Sorry Sauce.
Never cooked. Just "chilled"....

.... from the fridge.

Back