Who feels sorry for St Kilda - the only drought remaining!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cursed Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
So like, how far do we take the drought analogy?

Because in a drought, a single rainfall doesn't simply break it.

St.Kilda is a club which had some rain in the middle of its 125 year drought.

How can you not feel for them?
I always figure there'd be a certain no-stress silver-lining to backing the perennial no-hoper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sainter3and7

Premium Gold
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Alan Jeans said that off-field problems always affect on-field performance. There are real cultural issues at the Saints, and have been for most of the 55 years I've been following them. Look at the stupid, ridiculous, costly idea of going to Seaford. And there have been many more, and worse. I sometimes wish my brother hadn't convinced me to follow the Saints when I was a kid. You become long-term cellar dwellers for many reasons. You don't go this long without premierships without some serious issues at your club.

Catsnlakers

The World needs more Hank Moody’s.
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
I feel sorry for no teams, nor do I expect anyone to ever feel sorry for my own. If they get there (like the Dees tonight) then well done, if they don’t, well it’s how it is, nothing in AFL footy is given....

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Alan Jeans said that off-field problems always affect on-field performance. There are real cultural issues at the Saints, and have been for most of the 55 years I've been following them. Look at the stupid, ridiculous, costly idea of going to Seaford. And there have been many more, and worse. I sometimes wish my brother hadn't convinced me to follow the Saints when I was a kid. You become long-term cellar dwellers for many reasons. You don't go this long without premierships without some serious issues at your club.
If you didn't follow the Saints who would you have followed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad