Who feels sorry for St Kilda - the only drought remaining!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well when does it become a drought?

Freo 27 years with none at all Carlton is now up to 26 years Adelaide 23 years North 22 and Essendon 21.
All things equal, each team should win a flag once every 18 years. I'd say a drought is when you get 1.5x to double that cycle, so around 30 years.

All things equal, each team should win a flag once every 18 years. I'd say a drought is when you get 1.5x to double that cycle, so around 30 years.
So the Saints are about double droughted!
And don't we Saints supporters feel it!
I saw the '66 GF as a 16 year old, and had supported the Saints for half my lifetime to that point [8 years] and thought they would salute soon again. Now 5.5 decades have passed without achieving the ultimate success. I do feel for the younger Saints supporters who yearn for that glorious feeling that I was able to experience back in '66.

Last edited:

The real question is whether Gil feels sorry for the Saints and wants the drought to end. OK, I’ll take off my tinfoil hat now.

The real question is whether Gil feels sorry for the Saints and wants the drought to end. OK, I’ll take off my tinfoil hat now.
Well being a Sainter the answer is yes.
2020 cut us a solid with the Noosa hub. 2021 copped the hardest fixture of the clubs. Let's wait to the fixture comes out [ early December is the rumour] to see if Gill is fair dinkum about giving the Saints a much needed leg up. :thumbsu:

Can St Kilda win a flag under Ross Lyon?
He’s a master coach. We all know it. I mean he’s a proven performer with flags in the following years:

dumbfounded jake tapper GIF

PS: St Kilda need to continue to have a drought to be the “at least we are not …” team. Their pain is our gain. Who is with me?

Does that make sense ?
At least they are not North, is what they can say.
North have won 11 games in four years and have the smallest supporter base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you haven't won a flag this century that is a pretty decent drought IMO... drought stricken >

Saints, Dockers, Blues, Crows, Kangaroos.

A watch on Suns and Giants, may need drought assistance.

I'm not even 30 and I've seen my team win more flags than any St Kilda supporter has, ever.

North will win their next flag before Saints.

GWS, Freo and GC will win their maiden flag before Saints.

1966 was an abnormally that the Colliwobbles stuffed up, nearly repeated again in 2010.

If you haven't won a flag this century that is a pretty decent drought IMO... drought stricken >

Saints, Dockers, Blues, Crows, Kangaroos.

A watch on Suns and Giants, may need drought assistance.
You can add Essendon to that list because the 21st century began on 1 January 2001.

in 35 years of father sons we have had 3 father sons one of which played 93 games and the other two combined for 11 games.
meanwhile almost all my grand final memories involving st kilda involves some future hall of famer father son destroying us, the Hawkins goal,the Sarlett toepoke, the Shaw smother. we have been poorly run for a long time but we also have dog s**t luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back