Who feels sorry for St Kilda - the only drought remaining!

Remove this Banner Ad

The only drought remaining!
Swans ✅
Geelong ✅
Bulldogs ✅
Richmond ✅
Melbourne ✅

Saints came so so close! Just feel short.
Well when does it become a drought?

Freo 27 years with none at all Carlton is now up to 26 years Adelaide 23 years North 22 and Essendon 21.

So like, how far do we take the drought analogy?

Because in a drought, a single rainfall doesn't simply break it.

St.Kilda is a club which had some rain in the middle of its 125 year drought.

How can you not feel for them?

I always figure there'd be a certain no-stress silver-lining to backing the perennial no-hoper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alan Jeans said that off-field problems always affect on-field performance. There are real cultural issues at the Saints, and have been for most of the 55 years I've been following them. Look at the stupid, ridiculous, costly idea of going to Seaford. And there have been many more, and worse. I sometimes wish my brother hadn't convinced me to follow the Saints when I was a kid. You become long-term cellar dwellers for many reasons. You don't go this long without premierships without some serious issues at your club.

I feel sorry for no teams, nor do I expect anyone to ever feel sorry for my own. If they get there (like the Dees tonight) then well done, if they don’t, well it’s how it is, nothing in AFL footy is given....

Alan Jeans said that off-field problems always affect on-field performance. There are real cultural issues at the Saints, and have been for most of the 55 years I've been following them. Look at the stupid, ridiculous, costly idea of going to Seaford. And there have been many more, and worse. I sometimes wish my brother hadn't convinced me to follow the Saints when I was a kid. You become long-term cellar dwellers for many reasons. You don't go this long without premierships without some serious issues at your club.
If you didn't follow the Saints who would you have followed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back