Play Nice Who finishes highest out of Melbourne, Carlton and Gold Coast in 2020?

Who finishes highest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah surely Tomlinson slots into CHB and they do away with Oscar Mcdonald who is no good.

Both have obvious deficiencies though. You don’t want Tomlinson isolated 1 v 1 as he’s not capable in this area. He’s more effective playing loose (as most players are), but they’ve already got Lever to play this role.

I have this weird feeling he will end up playing as a forward.

Track reports are positive. Back with the flight as he usually did. Structure and leadership around him just gets him the ball ALOT. He will be close to what he was. Now Walsh in the other hand has gone to another level. And Dow no longer has problems with his kicking. Not a lot of people will get near Walsh in 2020.

Dow no longer has problems with his kicking..... Are you serious believing this? All AFL players look like skilful jets on the training track.

Both have obvious deficiencies though. You don’t want Tomlinson isolated 1 v 1 as he’s not capable in this area. He’s more effective playing loose (as most players are), but they’ve already got Lever to play this role.

I have this weird feeling he will end up playing as a forward.

I don’t mind Tomlinson 1v1 especially given he’ll be playing on the opposition second best key forward and Lever/Hore will be good at helping out in the air.

Dow no longer has problems with his kicking..... Are you serious believing this? All AFL players look like skilful jets on the training track.
Well you get to wait and see. His ball drop has improved. And it looks natural now. I’ve see.l him train this year and last and am prepared to say it’s improved out of sight. But I guess your opinion of a 20 year old, 39 game, Carlton player holds more than mine.

Dow is a developing inside mid who will pinch hit as a forward. He doesn’t need to be an elite kick, he just needs to fine tune his action to be effective enough.

It’s actually his general decision-making that’s a bigger issue, and that aspect is harder to correct.

I don’t mind Tomlinson 1v1 especially given he’ll be playing on the opposition second best key forward and Lever/Hore will be good at helping out in the air.

He’s never really played the role before, as GWS have preferenced stronger defenders to take on opposition key forwards. He’s been exposed when made to defend against stronger opponents; especially when isolated deep.

I just don’t really see him as a key defender despite his height. He’s an OK flanker with a better than average ability to play as a third forward. With his endurance and accurate set shot I’d play him there instead. Run his opponent ragged, and provide another genuine target.

Well you get to wait and see. His ball drop has improved. And it looks natural now. I’ve see.l him train this year and last and am prepared to say it’s improved out of sight. But I guess your opinion of a 20 year old, 39 game, Carlton player holds more than mine.

Well considering you also said Weitering would take over for Rance and Jones would push AA. It’s extremely likely you are blinded by bias

He’s never really played the role before, as GWS have preferenced stronger defenders to take on opposition key forwards. He’s been exposed when made to defend against stronger opponents; especially when isolated deep.

I just don’t really see him as a key defender despite his height. He’s an OK flanker with a better than average ability to play as a third forward. With his endurance and accurate set shot I’d play him there instead. Run his opponent ragged, and provide another genuine target.

He has definitely spent plenty of time at CHB in games I’ve seen.

Pretty sure we have him earmarked to play as the dollar store version of Richo on the wing. Although maybe heading back instead of heading forward when they play scrambles.

Track reports are positive. Back with the flight as he usually did. Structure and leadership around him just gets him the ball ALOT. He will be close to what he was. Now Walsh in the other hand has gone to another level. And Dow no longer has problems with his kicking. Not a lot of people will get near Walsh in 2020.
Going back with the flight doesn't test out the knee. He's always racked up the possessions. It will probably just take some time to get full confidence back in regards to twisting/turning and lateral movement. Great player, hopefully he gets back to it sooner rather than later.

You can tell that without a game being played? Settle down.

Going back with the flight doesn't test out the knee. He's always racked up the possessions. It will probably just take some time to get full confidence back in regards to twisting/turning and lateral movement. Great player, hopefully he gets back to it sooner rather than later.

You can tell that without a game being played? Settle down.
I know it doesn’t test out the knee. But it shows he’s got confidence in his body to do what he was doing before he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomlinson is an average to poor defender, he’ll be playing on the wing for us.
Isn't he an average to poor winger too? :p

I know it doesn’t test out the knee. But it shows he’s got confidence in his body to do what he was doing before he left.
Yeah well maybe if it was concussion he'd spent time out for it might be relevant.

Melbourne is the safe bet here IMO. I'm expecting them to bounce back from a hugely disappointing 2019. I've got them playing finals.

I have no doubt that Carlton is heading in the right direction but I reckon they are probably another 12 months from really announcing themselves. Finals is not completely out of the question for 2020 but they'd need everything to go right for them to get there.

GC are near certainties to finish 18th. I think they're going about things the right way now but they're a long way off it at this stage.

If Dees have another disappointing year, say bottom 6, would Goodwin get the sack? Could they afford it? Hard to fathom he's contracted for 3 more seasons :oops:

And therein lies the problem in what was an unnecessarily long extension. If we finish just outside the 8 we will likely keep him on, but if it was up to the fanbase he isn’t surviving should we miss finals.

And therein lies the problem in what was an unnecessarily long extension. If we finish just outside the 8 we will likely keep him on, but if it was up to the fanbase he isn’t surviving should we miss finals.
Seems like an odd decision now but will be quickly forgotten if they can return back to 2018 form. That's the risk you take I guess.

They've had a fairly big overhaul off field ala Richmond after 2016 and addressed a big on field weakness, 100 x better placed in regards to pre seaosn injuries compared to last year and a easier fixture so there isn't much wiggle room in regards to excuses this year. Will be interesting.

Back