Play Nice Who finishes highest out of Melbourne, Carlton and Gold Coast in 2020?

Who finishes highest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have any doubt he will be an A-grader and in the top 10 mids at some point in his career?

This stuff has been talked about since he was drafted, and has only grown more significant since his debut year.

Pending no major injuries he must be one of the most obvious candidates to transition into an A-grader of all the young players in the league.
Walsh probably doesn’t have as high a ceiling as Rozee, Stack, Rankine, etc. but he’s the surest of them all to go on and carve out 300 AFL games.

Walsh will be Mr Consistent. A 7.5/10 contributor most games with some slight deviations here and there. He reminds me of a Leigh Montagna/Marc Murphy type, who were both stars in their prime.

Looking forward to watching him play this season. Kid is a ripper.

Have you ever seen him play... As a captain I wonder what we were thinking, but as a player he more than holds his own. A fit Jack would have 90% of your team pooing in their pants. Not a dig a Geelong, but the run through the brick wall mentally makes others walk a little taller, and scares the crap out of the others. He gets the ball, he uses it well, and scares other players... Probably should mention other stuff like kicking goals and injury, but you can do your own homework.

Oh dear.. the guy cant kick more than 30 metres and in fact avoids kicking... is slower than evolution and can only play in one position... as i said the tigers have 5 midfielders better than him as do we.. and oh... some of then can go forward.

Do you reckon sydney stack is scared of him? Lol! The guy was playing his third game!

Walsh probably doesn’t have as high a ceiling as Rozee, Stack, Rankine, etc. but he’s the surest of them all to go on and carve out 300 AFL games.

Walsh will be Mr Consistent. A 7.5/10 contributor most games with some slight deviations here and there. He reminds me of a Leigh Montagna/Marc Murphy type, who were both stars in their prime.

Looking forward to watching him play this season. Kid is a ripper.

Fair post .. walsh goes at 64% which isnt great and the afl is full of accumulating midfielders... refer crouch brothers.

Fair post .. walsh goes at 64% which isnt great and the afl is full of accumulating midfielders... refer crouch brothers.
Fair but inaccurate.
Your assessment even further from the mark.
You have little understanding of his main attributes if you think he’s an accumulating midfielder in the ilk of the Crouch brothers.

Oh dear.. the guy cant kick more than 30 metres and in fact avoids kicking... is slower than evolution and can only play in one position... as i said the tigers have 5 midfielders better than him as do we.. and oh... some of then can go forward.

Do you reckon sydney stack is scared of him? Lol! The guy was playing his third game!
Vineys actually pretty quick but nice guess.

Also lmao. If Danger copped the bump Viney got he would have been air lifted out of the G on life support.

Vineys actually pretty quick but nice guess.

Also lmao. If Danger copped the bump Viney got he would have been air lifted out of the G on life support.

Ok so hes quick ( lol) .... your silence is deafening on the other matter.

Fair but inaccurate.
Your assessment even further from the mark.
You have little understanding of his main attributes if you think he’s an accumulating midfielder in the ilk of the Crouch brothers.

Enlighten me.. he is a blue collar midfielder who is an ordinary kick.

One down season doesn't ruin everything that came before. I think the premise of this thread is pretty rough on Melbourne who should be right up there next year
The biggest issue with Melbourne is their resilience. I’d say they should finish higher than Carlton and Gold Coast but feel they also have a greater capacity to fall in a heap than those two teams.

Saying obvious s**t doesn't make your smart.
Tom Hawkins can't play as a half back = s**t
The top misfielders in the comp can go foward... refer martin, fyfe and danger... this spud is literally a one trick pony who isnt very good at the one trick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fully expect there is more capacity to go deeper into the premiership season for Melbourne.
Just a more mature list of players.
My team I expect will rise towards middle of ladder this season.
Gold Coast should be a clear bottom three team and just hope they do not have too many big losses.

Internally, Melbourne players should at minimum be aiming to be reaching a prelim final at worst as they did that two seasons ago.

Melb need to beat us in Rd3 or their season could be over with a trip to Metricon 2 weeks later

idiots? I gave several reasons why he is a very limited player yet that isnt addressed ( ie can only play one position ) but rather i am called an idiot.He isnt in tge best 30 midfielders in the comp.
Well you did conveniently dodge the fact that Viney hasn't had a half-decent preseason in about 3 years and is now getting one. This doesn't excuse the piss-poor 2019 of course, which is why he currently seems to be working his arse off. Rather than play victim next time how about you address people's arguments for once mate, instead of using the old "player is garbage" mantra over and over again in the face of whatever evidence is presented to you.

Well you did conveniently dodge the fact that Viney hasn't had a half-decent preseason in about 3 years and is now getting one. This doesn't excuse the piss-poor 2019 of course, which is why he currently seems to be working his arse off. Rather than play victim next time how about you address people's arguments for once mate, instead of using the old "player is garbage" mantra over and over again in the face of whatever evidence is presented to you.
im judging him over his so called "career"=he is a one trick pony who can't hurt the opposition by foot or by going forward-talk about not addressing issues! Fit or otherwise he is a starting mid and captain who can do one thing-crash and bash and play the tough guy. Nearly every side has three better than him (including your team) and several side have 4 or 5 better than him.

Sam Walsh will be a good player no doubt but won't be a star.

He’ll easily be a star, and in the best 10 midfielders a number of seasons.

Incredible footy IQ, game sense and a great contested game for his size. Once he puts on some bulk and continues to build his game he’s going to explode and he’s already getting better stats than seasoned mids.

He’ll easily be a star, and in the best 10 midfielders a number of seasons.

Incredible footy IQ, game sense and a great contested game for his size. Once he puts on some bulk and continues to build his game he’s going to explode and he’s already getting better stats than seasoned mids.
Yeah I will definitely look forward to seeing him when he gets more experience and bulks up.

Back