Prediction Who finishes highest out of Port, Crows and North in 2020?

Who finishes highest in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How high are you setting the bar?

How many 20/21 year olds in the league kicked multiple 5 goal bags last year and also had both 10 vote AFL MVP coaches votes and max brownlow vote games?

I'd love to know who you consider the future A-Grade medium forwards are from a similar age group....?

Rozee springs to mind, but not many more..

He averaged similar goals per game as Toby Greene, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Luke Breust, Orazio Fantasia, Jaydyn Stephenson and Tom Papley in 2019....

View attachment 813007
To be fair, both of those teams are crap.

Scott shat the bed with the 6-6-6 rule and whatever else was going on in his head in the first part of the season. After he got sacked (including his farewell game vs WB) they went 8-5 with a percentage of 105, with only 3 of those 13 games against bottom-6 sides. They took apart Richmond and Collingwood, and utterly dismantled Port who were playing to make the 8 in R22. They have 5 mids 23 and under who were pick 12 or better, all of them in at least their 3rd season and still improving.

So from a North fan's point of view, we prefer to think rounds 10-23 are a better indicator of where the list is at than rounds 1-10.

Not to say there aren't holes. KPD depth is shite, and the backline in general is old and bad. But the forward line is young and good, and there's plenty to like in the midfield, though they obviously need to live up to their talent.
I have to admit late last season, Norths form was a bit extreme on both ends.

I still remember that game vs the cats in Geelong where they kicked 1 goal. I thought, North couldn't be this bad? Should of kicked 4-5 goals that night. Then that next game north went crazy and kicked 23 goals.

I don't know what happened in between those 2 games.

But to kick 1 goal one week then 23 goals the next is extremely crazy form.

Probably one of the hardest times to predict where the crows are going. Some fresh faces off the field with a lot of experience out the door.

One thing the crows have proven over their journey is that they rarely bottom out (bottom 4 I mean). I wouldn't be betting on that.

It's about to click for Mason Wood this year, but it could be as a defender.

The only thing clicking for Mason this year will be the mouse at the dole office at the end of the year.

On talent yes, but Port have the worst coach in the league.

Agreed, and jeez that loss to us late in the season when you had finals on the line, utterly insipid. Only thing worse I've seen was, ironically when North had top four on the line in 2008 I think it was an Port belted us by a similar amount at the MCG.

That game alone should have cooked Ken.

Maybe, in the end it is up to him to stamp his papers be it positive or negative. I think he has huge talent,
but talent does not pay the bills application of talent does. Big year ahead in 2020.

I watched us in a full scale intra-club praccy game on Tuesday morning, Mason playing defence and was all at sea, some terrible stuff ups, no confidence.

I watched us in a full scale intra-club praccy game on Tuesday morning, Mason playing defence and was all at sea, some terrible stuff ups, no confidence.
Rome was not built in a day, plenty of players have gone back and reinvented their careers. Football people can
have the "Two Minute Noodles" approach to everything, time will tell and all will be revealed.

Rome was not built in a day, plenty of players have gone back and reinvented their careers. Football people can
have the "Two Minute Noodles" approach to everything, time will tell and all will be revealed.

Yeah, Majak looked all at sea in his first game in defence too. But he has tools Mason doesn't.

North young players to watch - Bailey Scott, the kid is just so smooth, has bulked up a bit. Jack Mahoney, looking like the craft and creative small forward we've been lacking for ages.

I have to admit late last season, Norths form was a bit extreme on both ends.

I still remember that game vs the cats in Geelong where they kicked 1 goal. I thought, North couldn't be this bad? Should of kicked 4-5 goals that night. Then that next game north went crazy and kicked 23 goals.

I don't know what happened in between those 2 games.

But to kick 1 goal one week then 23 goals the next is extremely crazy form.
It was a bizarre 7 days.

Goldy our only goal scorer against Geelong, from a free kick. Will be a trivia question for the ages that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a bizarre 7 days.

Goldy our only goal scorer against Geelong, from a free kick. Will be a trivia question for the ages that one.
I would of been curious the training sessions between those games.

I also would of been curious the player changes too. Who got injured and omitted from that cats game and who came back in the team.

I would of been curious the training sessions between those games.

I also would of been curious the player changes too. Who got injured and omitted from that cats game and who came back in the team.
You could also be curious about the weather changes. I was at the Geelong game and it was the coldest and most miserable I have ever been at a footy game, with a very strong wind and constant drizzle. North were in the game at half time but then fell away, suffering from hypothermia. The Port game was at marvel stadium

Will you be saying the same thing this year when you are still below them?

I can't answer a hypothetical based on a false premises, sorry.

You also created a false premise that North is a better team than Crows or Port, when the factual evidence tells us that this is not the case at this point in time.

cb6854b811276146fa6a13b8c6cb3b51.jpeg

Won’t even be that mad if Crows finish bottom 6.
We have GWS first and Dogs second (to go with our own).

Going into 2021 Adelaides youth could be:
Fogarty, McAsey, Jones, McHenry, Luke Edwards (father son), Borlase (NGA), top 6 Pick (2020), GWS 2020 1st, Galluci, Doedee and Milera in terms of top prospects since 2015.
2nd round prospects in McAdam, McPherson, Hamill, Schoenberg, Worrall all have talent.

Back