Prediction Who finishes highest out of Port, Crows and North in 2020?

Who finishes highest in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Higgins - Yes
Cunnington - Yes
Polec - do North fans even think yes? Seriously.
Tarrant - Yes
Goldstein- Way past it
Anderson- no
Ziebell - god no
Brown - as long as he has the umpires whistle yes
Simpkin- no
Youth - probably bottom 6 in terms of youth prospects.

Although I can understand why a dogs fan would be so keen to defend an overrated list given their own is probably THE most overrated.
What an absolute spud of a post. Deflect and abuse because you have nothing. Four rising star nominations last year says we are travelling okay.

Higgins - Yes
Cunnington - Yes
Polec - do North fans even think yes? Seriously.
Tarrant - Yes
Goldstein- Way past it
Anderson- no
Ziebell - god no
Brown - as long as he has the umpires whistle yes
Simpkin- no
Youth - probably bottom 6 in terms of youth prospects.

Although I can understand why a dogs fan would be so keen to defend an overrated list given their own is probably THE most overrated.
Lol not even creative

Like most North fans, I'm bullish about our prospects this year. Our list is in decent shape, and so far we've not copped any pre-season injuries unlike most other clubs. And we finally look to have a coach who isn't a stubborn, emotional twat.

Port for me is tough to pick. Could be anything. Could be nothing. Like most recent years. I think they'll just miss the 8.

I don't expect the Crows to crash and burn as many expect. They still have a lot of talent and solid players on that list.

In terms of ladder finish I'll go
North
Port
Crows

North Melbourne for me, terrific and underrated list, freed from the conservative, stifling coaching of Brad Scott.

The thing that holds me back from tipping the Roos as finalists in 2020 is their backline
I think the Roos will play an attractive and damaging style of footy this year under Rhys Shaw, but geez, their backline worries me.

Still, I t think North have the biggest upside of many clubs in the AFL, sadly they are probably the most low profile/marketed team of all Vicco Clubs, but absolutely I take their list over Essendon, Geelong or Hawthorn's.

The Roos will exceeded most non North Fans expectations in the 2020, of that I am certain.

North Melbourne for me, terrific and underrated list, freed from the conservative, stifling coaching of Brad Scott.

The thing that holds me back from tipping the Roos as finalists in 2020 is their backline
I think the Roos will play an attractive and damaging style of footy this year under Rhys Shaw, but geez, their backline worries me.

Still, I t think North have the biggest upside of many clubs in the AFL, sadly they are probably the most low profile/marketed team of all Vicco Clubs, but absolutely I take their list over Essendon, Geelong or Hawthorn's.

The Roos will exceeded most non North Fans expectations in the 2020, of that I am certain.
Our backline is by no means elite, but we've got one the best KPDs in the comp in the Tarrant, a decent acquisition in Walker, one of the best intercept markers in Daw if he can get close to his 2018 form. Wood has been training this pre-season as a defender and from reports so far is doing alright. Williams is decent as a small defender. But it falls away a bit after that.
Macmillan, McDonald and Atley have underperformed in my view, particularly the last 2 given they were first round draft picks. The 2 Mac's probably aren't best 22 for me.
Durdin and McKay haven't shown much yet as KPDs, I'm not convinced they're up to it, McKay in particular.
Ahern is being groomed as our line breaking half back distributor in the mould of JJ.

Having said all that, our backline is our biggest weakness, has been for years. Hopefully that changes this season.

Our backline is by no means elite, but we've got one the best KPDs in the comp in the Tarrant, a decent acquisition in Walker, one of the best intercept markers in Daw if he can get close to his 2018 form. Wood has been training this pre-season as a defender and from reports so far is doing alright. Williams is decent as a small defender. But it falls away a bit after that.
Macmillan, McDonald and Atley have underperformed in my view, particularly the last 2 given they were first round draft picks. The 2 Mac's probably aren't best 22 for me.
Durdin and McKay haven't shown much yet as KPDs, I'm not convinced they're up to it, McKay in particular.
Ahern is being groomed as our line breaking half back distributor in the mould of JJ.

Having said all that, our backline is our biggest weakness, has been for years. Hopefully that changes this season.
Backline but also defensive effort from the mids has been slack post Swallow

The absolute arse will fall out of North Melbourne. Easily the worst list on the comp and their young talent leaves a lot to be desired.

Barely any B graders, let alone A graders.

The absolute arse will fall out of North Melbourne. Easily the worst list on the comp and their young talent leaves a lot to be desired.

Barely any B graders, let alone A graders.

Yeah coming from an Essendon fan!
North will end up top 8, druggies bottom 6, bookmark that.
Our list has more A graders and upside than yours will ever have

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah coming from an Essendon fan!
Yeah, so trust me when I say that I know what mediocrity looks like. No A graders, ageing B graders, lacklustre youth etc.

North will end up bottom 2 and we'll have another 5 years of Caro on FC questioning their poor internal leadership, subpar recruiting and perpetual inability to land any recognisable B+ talent through the trade period.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an absolute spud of a post. Deflect and abuse because you have nothing. Four rising star nominations last year says we are travelling okay.

Dont be so sensitive because I didnt rate every player a star. I gave the right ones credit.

Adelaide basically got rid of dead wood, bar Keath and maybe Greenwood. They should get a new coach bounce but will drop away when the new kids he will hopefully play begin to tire.
Port have a decent squad but Hinkley can’t coach.
North don’t look too exciting to me, but I don’t know all their players so could surprise I guess.

In the end none of them will contend so doesn’t much matter really.

I'm really bullish about Port. I really like how their list is taking shape. Drafting butters, dursma and Rozee last year seems to have injected some life and energy into their side. I think Wines will have a much better year, hopefully Dixon can stay on the park and Marshall is poised to step it up a bit.

I'm going with Port as a 6-12
North 8 - 14
Crows 12 - 16.

Port will be shittier this year in terms of the squad but the easier draw may cover up the slow midfield, impotent forward line, midget defence, poor skills and s**t game plan.

Whinging wines should F off now, if he’s sad about not being captain. However I hope he returns focused, thinner and mature.

Weak as piss Motlop and Watts will be a bell weather. Both great players if they dedicate themselves but football doesn’t seem to be their thing.

Dixon and Marshall could be anything this year.....a total disaster or a beautiful combination.

Under Hinkley though I expect nothing and hinkleys call of round 1’s being Port’s greatest ever win last year against Melbourne says it all.

North
Crows
Then Port
I'd also have North up front. But I think you're selling your own team short. Port aren't great, but they can pull one out of nowhere where as Adelaide are just s**t.

"Dead wood" like Betts and Jenkins, who kicked 59 goals (from just 32 games) between them?
If you’d seen him play, as great as he’s been, you’d know Betts is on his last legs. We have other small forwards and his romantic return is good for Carltons fan base.
Jenkins is a soft front runner who plays 1 good game in 6. He’ll come out strong for Geelong then fizzle out. He was also leaking to the press so became untenable. Fogarty has more upside.

Back