Votes: 17 2.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 126 19.1%
  • One of the rest

Votes: 17 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

hawks currently have a worse list

We do have the youngest list. If that's the best metric for deciding it's the 'worst' then I guess that's fine.

From the point of view of recent exposed form and developing talent I'm not really sure I agree that we have the worst list though.

Nobody said youngest. They said worst.

Yes, and I'm saying that I don't believe we have the worst list from a talent perspective, but if anybody wants to believe that we have the worst list due to it being the youngest then they are welcome to use that measurement.

If people still want to believe we have the worst list from the talent perspective alone then I have a feeling within 24 months they'll realise they may have been off base.

Yes, and I'm saying that I don't believe we have the worst list from a talent perspective, but if anybody wants to believe that we have the worst list due to it being the youngest then they are welcome to use that measurement.

If people still want to believe we have the worst list from the talent perspective alone then I have a feeling within 24 months they'll realise they may have been off base.
They said worst. Worst.

Would be their third spoon in a row and in 2020 they only avoided the spoon because their % was only slightly higher than the crows…if they win it again this season, they would arguably have had the worst 4 year stretch in modern afl history. Brutal for their supporters, who would have hope at the start of every season only to be let down time and time again. Big test for Clarko in the coming years.
Priority pick 1 and 2 if it happens

Once they've built a bad reputation for kicking at goal people will always think they aren't any good in front of the sticks.
Same with if you have built a reputation for good kicking for goal. People still think Gunston is an accurate kick for goal when he has been average for nearly 5 years

They said worst. Worst.
Yes. And then he told you he doesn't agree with that. Not convinced I do either...at least the Hawks will go in fairly untested, a lot of kids on a blank slate. Could go anywhere. A few other teams running around with similar lineups to last year sucked then, with little evidence they won't again...even a supercoach is no guarantee...

Essendon?

They are bad, but will be competitive every 2nd week on average.
They should be, but maybe it takes a while for them to play like Scott wants. Hard to tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should be, but maybe it takes a while for them to play like Scott wants. Hard to tell.
Well if his stint at North is anything to go by.... Essendon should be resilient and hold their own on most opponents.

The question is, would Essendon want to keep this Scott brother for 10 seasons as coach and have similar finals success like North Melbourne had in the 2010s?

If I was an Essendon fan, I sure would.

North missed out on finals in 2010-11. Made an Elim final in 2012 but lost.

Missed finals in 2013. Then had 3 Elim finals from 2014-6.

I was amazed on what north Melbourne did with their list in 2014-6. They won 2 finals in 2014 and another 2 in 2015. Then finals in 2016.

Then 2017-19, North didn't make finals. North sacked Scott in 2019.

Then in 2020, North Melbourne went into free fall.

How is the answer not GWS? If Hopper and the other one are going to save Richmond then surely GWS are screwed? Their best 22 is just poo.

Their top end talent is still quality. They still have a decent list.

Sam Taylor is one of the best full backs in the comp. Josh Kelly. Lachie Whitfield. Tom Green. Isaac cumming. Harry perryman. Toby greene. Stephen Coniglio. Nick Haynes. Harry Himmelberg and Jesse hogan is a good enough core group of players to win 10+ games.

If the likes of Ash, Callaghan, Wehr and O’Hallaran can improve the Giants can push for a top 8 spot.

Their top end talent is still quality. They still have a decent list.

Sam Taylor is one of the best full backs in the comp. Josh Kelly. Lachie Whitfield. Tom Green. Isaac cumming. Harry perryman. Toby greene. Stephen Coniglio. Nick Haynes. Harry Himmelberg and Jesse hogan is a good enough core group of players to win 10+ games.

If the likes of Ash, Callaghan, Wehr and O’Hallaran can improve the Giants can push for a top 8 spot.

I view the Giants the same as Hawthorn leading into 2022.

Nowhere near bad enough to be in spoon contention, but won't be a real threat. The top end talent is immense but the depth is a bit concerning. A new coach may invigorate the current experienced players to snag a few unexpected wins, but some stretches of inconsistency will result in around 8-9 wins come seasons end.

I view the Giants the same as Hawthorn leading into 2022.

Nowhere near bad enough to be in spoon contention, but won't be a real threat. The top end talent is immense but the depth is a bit concerning. A new coach may invigorate the current experienced players to snag a few unexpected wins, but some stretches of inconsistency will result in around 8-9 wins come seasons end.

Agreed to an extent…they do have more top end quality than we did to start last season but not enough to challenge for the flag. If and it’s a big if, Cadman can perform at a high level that may change things quickly.

You're either over rating your own list or underrating Hawthorns.

Genuine 50/50.

The only result that will surprise me is a smashing, regardless of winner.
You have the youngest and most inexperienced list in the AFL, and heavy favourites for the spoon. On top of that, you're missing your best key forward by a street.

Last year we beat you by 5 goals after making 6 late changes whilst Gastro ran through the place. We had a much weaker side that day and you a stronger one. Call it what you will but we should beat you comfortably.

Back