• St Kilda

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 126 19.1%
  • One of the rest

Votes: 17 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reeves was 6th in the comp for hitouts per game last season.
His work around the ground needs some refinement but he possesses the base skill for a quality ruck heading into 2023.
What would you know, mate.

Clearly bombers and eagles fans know more about Reeves. 🤪

Reeves was 6th in the comp for hitouts per game last season.
His work around the ground needs some refinement but he possesses the base skill for a quality ruck heading into 2023.
Thats ok, and I am confortable with my assessment that at the moment Reeves is nothing more than a project. Yes, scope to be a very good player but lets stop pretending he is something he is not. #1 ruck at Hawthorn isn't exactly competition for spots, Lloyd Meek was sought out for a reason, will see which way Sitch goes with his ruck set up come round 1.

Thats ok, and I am confortable with my assessment that at the moment Reeves is nothing more than a project. Yes, scope to be a very good player but lets stop pretending he is something he is not. #1 ruck at Hawthorn isn't exactly competition for spots, Lloyd Meek was sought out for a reason, will see which way Sitch goes with his ruck set up come round 1.

How do you genuinely feel about Draper? It's funny because what you're saying about Ned is exactly how I feel about Draper in regards to being a project with scope to be a very good player. The coincidence here is that he plays for your club.

Unbelievable 🤣🤣🤣

Absurdity aside, didn’t Essendon finish bottom 4 in 2022?
I am sure we can all go back to 1996. And no, it's not about your north Melbourne side getting the flag.

I am talking about the bloke on your avatar taking on the likes of Rey Mysterio Jr, Jushin thunder Liger, Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero. LoL

Cunnington alone makes them a significantly better team.

If he’s back to anything like his best and full fitness that could be worth another couple of wins on its own.
It's 31yo (turning 32) Ben Cunnington off significant illness not peak Gaz. He'll help for sure, but I think it is unfair and unreasonable to expect him to be the player he was 3 years ago. I think Logue will have more of an impact than Cunnington.

My belief they get better is based on the odds that at least a handful of younger players take a step up. If that doesn't happen they'll be pure **** again.

Stop playing silly word games. A Mod should act with more maturity.

Reeves, a #1 ruck with 17 career games in four years?

Followed by Meek with 15 career games over four years.

Neither would be #1 rucks at any other club. That is what I said. Others have agreed.

You are incredibly defensive about things that are simply common sense. Hawks rucks are raw and yet to establish themselves as the true #1 ruck anywhere. They have potential and may even become your next premiership ruck but right now there is very little between them. Neither is a mile ahead of the other. That's the point.
I remember your posts from the equivalent thread last summer and how the Hawks would win the spoon, and particularly that the return of Gunston and Sicily wouldn’t help, as you were adamant that Sicily wasn’t going to be able to do much at all - no matter how many times you were told that he was already back in full training and looking fine.

Similarly, you’re trying to tell me that Reeves can’t be our number 1 ruck because he’s only played 17 games at 24 years of age….because that’s so unheard of for a ruckman. 😂

Maybe lay off being so opinionated about a club you know little about.

Hawks are definitely the smart bet with those odds.

Should be at least level with the Roos as spoon favourites.

Their round game 1 against Essendon will be fascinating (one of the most intriguing opening round matches)

If the Hawks can't beat a fellow bottom 4 cellar dweller in Essendon and worse, lose by 5 plus goals, Hawthorn are looking at a very long and lean season ahead.

Their round game 1 against Essendon will be fascinating (one of the most intriguing opening round matches)

If the Hawks can't beat a fellow bottom 4 cellar dweller in Essendon and worse, lose by 5 plus goals, Hawthorn are looking at a very long and lean season ahead.
Your being a bit rough on Bombers, I reckon, they won’t be as s**t under Scott.

A 5 goal loss in round 1 won't be ideal, but it won't paint the picture of the entire season. Essendon are an unknown entity heading into 2023 for mine.
Finalists 2 years ago, followed by suddenly bottoming out.
New coach, new training standards. Their range is anywhere from 7th to 16th in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 5 goal loss in round 1 won't be ideal, but it won't paint the picture of the entire season. Essendon are an unknown entity heading into 2023 for mine.
Finalists 2 years ago, followed by suddenly bottoming out.
New coach, new training standards. Their range is anywhere from 7th to 16th in my opinion.
We bottomed out at the end of 2020, not last year. 2021 we were the best of an average 8-12

How do you genuinely feel about Draper? It's funny because what you're saying about Ned is exactly how I feel about Draper in regards to being a project with scope to be a very good player. The coincidence here is that he plays for your club.

Both are probably in the same boat. Draper probably a lot more advanced than Ned at this stage.

Reeves and Meek will both play, and rotate either forward or through the bench, based on training.

The same contenders as last season:

Hawks
North
Adelaide
WCE
Essendon
Pretty much this with GWS, who lost a lot of quality in the trade period, in the mix too.
A mild surprise to me is how many people here are bullish on Essendon, I agree they're in the mix for the spoon. I think we're about to find out Rutten was poorly treated and not the main problem.
They have got a soft soft fixture though, which will help

Pretty much this with GWS, who lost a lot of quality in the trade period, in the mix too.
A mild surprise to me is how many people here are bullish on Essendon, I agree they're in the mix for the spoon. I think we're about to find out Rutten was poorly treated and not the main problem.
They have got a soft soft fixture though, which will help
same players, softer fixture, better coach that saw us play finals in 2020 should see us avoid the spoon in 2023

The obvious answer is.............. Richmond!!!!!!

Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

North are as bad as I've seen, including the 2016 Essendon side. It is a long way to go for them.

However, Hawthorn is obviously going the rebuild and we're kept in games by some of their mature players. The fact they cut them means they have a lot of responsibility on the shoulders of very young players.

Those two will be battling it out.

I am sure we can all go back to 1996. And no, it's not about your north Melbourne side getting the flag.

I am talking about the bloke on your avatar taking on the likes of Rey Mysterio Jr, Jushin thunder Liger, Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero. LoL
Don't forget Juventud Guerrera

Back