• Gold Coast

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • GWS

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 25 18.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure it's Collingwood. Tom Browne had a freudian slip when he was asking Jeff Kennett a question at the end of the presser and gave it away

Yerp , it must be remembered first pagan then Malthouse were brought in by Carlton as previously generational coaches (but importantly at the end of their tenures) as “saviours “ and the CFC destroyed them and their legacy’s.

Could see clarko ending up the same way.

Let’s hope he gives that club a wide berth
Carlton didn't destroy Malthouse, he destroyed Carlton 👎

At first i thought it would be Carlton, but i would be "Lyon" if i thought so now, he'll be a Pie with a lot of sauce. The problem is, Clarko is not to be believed as he goes about the next few weeks? He's not going to take a year off and watch two high profile Victorian clubs stumble about while looking for a coach?

Problem with the Blues is that the board gets too involved and wouldn't give him the control he probably wants.
He'll have time at a club like GC. Could have the opportunity to transform a club, just like Bellamy at The Storm.

After what happened to Malthouse, if he doesn't get instant success, he will be gone and knock his reputation.
Blues board would give him anything he wants for at least 3 years. If there's no results (finals finishes) in that time then they will start to get worried

Kick back
Spend some time in the media.
Do a few courses
Relax. Get his assistant ducks in a row.
Work on his game plans.
Come back in 2023 firing at either the Blues, GWS, Suns, Port or Saints.
Drop 100k on Brad Scott to coach Collingwood now the bookies have wound yourself into 1.40

I'd imagine only
Richmond
Sydney
Geelong
Bulldogs
Crows
Lions
North
Freo
Essendon

Would be the only clubs that won't enquire about Clarko for next year. I think either expansion club would be favourite, although if Melbourne go out in straight sets in finals, they'd look to Clarko to get their breakthrough flag.

I'd imagine only
Richmond
Sydney
Geelong
Bulldogs
Crows
Lions
North
Freo
Essendon

Would be the only clubs that won't enquire about Clarko for next year. I think either expansion club would be favourite, although if Melbourne go out in straight sets in finals, they'd look to Clarko to get their breakthrough flag.
Hawthorn going to call his manager to bring him back in 2022?

I'd imagine only
Richmond
Sydney
Geelong
Bulldogs
Crows
Lions
North
Freo
Essendon

For next year?

I doubt WC are looking at Clarkson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Simpson is coaching so well at the moment, Eagles have been disappointing since 2018, Eagles have the cash to do a Ross the boss dockers move, their list is enticing for Clarko
He's signed up until 2024. Agreed a new deal a few months ago. WC aren't paying out three years a few months after doing a new contract. Be realistic.

GC for mine. AFL would give him literally anything he asked for & change any rules needed to afford him.
It’s a frightening prospect with their list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GC for mine. AFL would give him literally anything he asked for & change any rules needed to afford him.

It would be worth it just to have him swear at Tony Cochrane and eventually deck him

Yep. Can see the AFL bend over b%ackwards toget him to Gold Coast.

Special soft cap rule just for them. Special draft concessions just for one team. Increased salary cap just for them.

And yes the AFL Integrity committee I am sure will sign off on it all and look the other way. :thumbsdown: :mad:

Can history repeat? Blues make finals and sack the coach to bring in a proven, ageing premiership coach who is sacked after a couple of years?

We didn't make finals the year Ratten was sacked.

This one would be different in that we haven't made finals for 8 years, 10 under our own steam.

He's signed up until 2024. Agreed a new deal a few months ago. WC aren't paying out three years a few months after doing a new contract. Be realistic.
I thought new coaching contracts signed since last year have a maximum of a 6 month payout

Back