• Gold Coast

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • GWS

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 25 18.5%

• Total voters
Needs a Channel 7 option.
Special comments, gets his $250k pa on top of his Hawks money to work 1-2 nights per week. Sees his kids a lot more for the year, then starts a bidding war for his 2023 services.

I reckon he'll take 2022 off from coaching. If he doesn't coach, it'll force Hawthorn [Jeff Kennett] pay the full 900k. He can then assess what he wants to do with his family and life while enjoying the break out. Some better jobs might be open end of next year too- GWS, Freo, Port Adelaide, Brisbane may all be prepared to change coaches only if the right person was there. Both Leigh Matthews and Malcolm Blight said their year or two out from coaching before their Brisbane/Adelaide gigs was vital.

If Alastair Clarkson does coach in 2022, Caroline Wilson believes it will be at Carlton.

While Collingwood is currently the only team actively in need of a new senior coach, both the Blues and Gold Coast have been mentioned in the sweepstakes. Both are candidates to move on from their respective head coaches and in need of cultural overhaul.

Wilson believes Carlton will be the destination if Clarkson does coach next season and adds that Collingwood is not in the race.“I just don’t believe he would leave Melbourne next year and if he does coach again next year it would be Carlton and nowhere else,” Wilson told Footy Classified. “Collingwood did (reach out). I would bet you $1000 that Alastair Clarkson will not be going to Collingwood.” One of Clarkson’s children is completing VCE next year, hence the likely lack of desire to relocate.

Kane Cornes believes the Blues are the right landing spot for the four-time premiership coach. “His next destination is going to be fascinating for me. I know the money would be great at Gold Coast, but the thought that even he could bring them a premiership with the challenges they’ve got is unlikely,” Cornes told SEN Flip.“I’d be choosing Carlton. Just watching them on Friday night, I think that is the club that is best suited to him.“I know there’s some uncertainty at board level, but Clarkson at Carlton, given the spine they’ve got, could absolutely bring them some much needed finals success.”

The Blues finish the season with Gold Coast, Port Adelaide (away) and GWS and remain a live chance to play finals, given 11 wins could be sufficient to finish eighth.

Davey33

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon he'll take 2022 off from coaching. If he doesn't coach, it'll force Hawthorn [Jeff Kennett] pay the full 900k. He can then assess what he wants to do with his family and life while enjoying the break out. Some better jobs might be open end of next year too- GWS, Freo, Port Adelaide, Brisbane may all be prepared to change coaches only if the right person was there. Both Leigh Matthews and Malcolm Blight said their year or two out from coaching before their Brisbane/Adelaide gigs was vital.
Good points.
Also read somewhere that his son is in year 12 next year so he wouldn't want to move interstate.

Which list is capable of winning a flag in the next 3 years?

Ready right now
Dogs
Dees
Cats
Swans

Almost there
Port

Maybe
Freo
Blues
Lions
I might be really biased when I say this but surely the Lions are in that Almost There bracket with Power for 2021+. We have been in the Top 2 for the past two seasons, and yeah we might be 6th atm but I think that's mainly due to injury and lack of depth currently throughout our whole club in 2021 compared to sides like the Bulldogs & Cats that have been blessed with a huge depth of quality players in the reserves, for the past couple of seasons.

At first i thought it would be Carlton, but i would be "Lyon" if i thought so now, he'll be a Pie with a lot of sauce. The problem is, Clarko is not to be believed as he goes about the next few weeks? He's not going to take a year off and watch two high profile Victorian clubs stumble about while looking for a coach?
Caroline Wilson is adamant it won’t be Collingwood

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
I might be really biased when I say this but surely the Lions are in that Almost There bracket with Power for 2021+. We have been in the Top 2 for the past two seasons, and yeah we might be 6th atm but I think that's mainly due to injury and lack of depth currently throughout our whole club in 2021 compared to sides like the Bulldogs & Cats that have been blessed with a huge depth of quality players in the reserves, for the past couple of seasons.
yep,id say every single side is capable of a premiership for '22-'24....Richmond proved and Collingwood almost did in '18 that you can come from bottom 6
previous year and at least play off if not win it

Back