Prediction Who gets picked up as a Delisted Free Agent?

Madrooster1964

Draftee
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Richie Douglas caught up with Alistair Clarkson in Adelaide yesterday - playing or non playing role? He might have one more year left - but cant see where he would fit for the Hawks?

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
Keegan brooksby is probably the best non afl listed ruck available at this stage. I wouldn’t be against picking him up if mummy doesn’t play on as a mature back up to Jacobs

What's the go with Broadbent? Injured? s**t? Really fell out of favour. When Port were good he was a real weapon.
Injuries and mental health battles IIRC.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What's the go with Broadbent? Injured? s**t? Really fell out of favour. When Port were good he was a real weapon.
A 1 wk ankle turned into 18 mth ankle has lost abit of pace but is still a very smart footballer and nice kick. Was out for a month or so this yr with mental health problem.

Jez1974

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The key thing to watch for the next month. Be interesting to see who clubs think are good enough to get a crack elsewhere.

Names that come to mind:

Harley Bennell -> Sydney sounds like a lock.
Chris Masten's been linked to a couple of clubs (though maybe more likely as a rookie?)
Lions might get rid of a few handy names, think Josh Walker, Ben Keays, Sam Skinner and perhaps Nick Robertson.
Wylie Buzza could be a handy depth KPP for another club, ditto Lachie Henderson (assuming he gets delisted)
Riley Knight and Sam Gray's statuses are still up in the air, though it sounds like they're more likely to re-sign now.
If Jay Kennedy-Harris and Billy Stretch get delisted could see them garnering some interest?
Connor Menadue had a bit of interest early doors and it doesn't sound like he'll get another deal at Richmond.
Brandon White, James Rose and Jack Trengove I think of guys that could do something at another club.
There's a couple of clubs that sorely lack experienced ruck depth too though I have NFI who the best options are in that regard (more likely state leaguers?).

Anyone I'm forgetting?
Masto to Freo would be huge!

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Richie Douglas caught up with Alistair Clarkson in Adelaide yesterday - playing or non playing role? He might have one more year left - but cant see where he would fit for the Hawks?
If he had one good year left, it would have been nice if he used it this year.

A great bloke by all reports, so I wiah him well

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd be keen on Roberton at the Crows. Hopefully Nicks knows the value of a tagger and gives him a go.

Crows fans have been screaming out for one for the last 5 years

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bennell linked to Geelong according to CH7.
I've put it out there before, but will reiterate that there are three main factors in the Harley decision:

a) watertight medical team
b) established club culture, mature playing group
c) genuine need for them to take such a risk

Based on this I've reasoned it will be Geelong, Sydney or Hawthorn. I think elsewhere would be not really worth the risk for player, club or both.

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I've put it out there before, but will reiterate that there are three main factors in the Harley decision:

Based on this I've reasoned it will be Geelong, Sydney or Hawthorn. I think elsewhere would be not really worth the risk for player, club or both.

Yep. Good call.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS

Dayle Garlett says cross out Hawthorn.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

well, we're out....except for the need part.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dayle Garlett says cross out Hawthorn.
Actually he’s a perfect example of a player was given the opportunity, went off the rails. His behaviour had no impact on the club or playing group, who went on to win the flag that year.

That situation is exactly why the Hawks would be confident. Or are you suggesting that he picked up all his bad habits from living with Luke Hodge?

Back