Prediction Who gets picked up as a Delisted Free Agent?

They need a back up Ruck. Maybe Scott Jones

Do they? They have backed in English and they have Sweet. Trengove may become depth with their trade ins so why would you grab a ruck unless he is a clear upgrade on Trengove?

Do they? They have backed in English and they have Sweet. Trengove may become depth with their trade ins so why would you grab a ruck unless he is a clear upgrade on Trengove?
I guess Trengove would be used as their FB in that case.

Having only two proper rucks on the list is an issue, but Trengove is OK in case of an emergency and Bruce is an OK pinch-hitter. I suppose they probably could do with an extra depth tall on their list but probably as a rookie.

The club that looks really worrying for ruck depth is Adelaide. O'Brien looks very promising but Strachan has struggled to stay fit throughout his AFL career and Frampton is a forward/ruck rather than a proper ruck option. They're the ones that need an experienced back-up - I'd target Brooksby though if I needed a depth ruck.

Miss the point completely.

Old mate suggested Hawks are a good match because of the 3 main factors posted above. If the suggested culture couldn't keep Garlett from going off the rails with the extra leaders around compared to now, then surely the current Hawks squad don't meet the criteria.

They're hardly comparable players with comparable issues. Garlett was overlooked completely in his original draft year despite being a top 10 talent, because at that point he had already been in more trouble than Bennell has been across his entire career.

devil demon

Senior List
Sep 27, 2005
Earth
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think the suns are looking at Stretch

I hope he gets another decent shot. He's got really good work ethic and is one of our best trainers. Problem is his confidence seems shot at afl level and I'm not sure we've been playing him in the right positions. He's had a couple of games where he has shown us what he is capable off I just don't think he can achieve those levels at mfc

Wasn't there a story a while back that he was leaving footy to focus on a different career? Finance or something like that?

Or was that someone else?

That was Nicholls at GC.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond should definitely consider Harley Bennell. I think we could make him work.

I realise Hardwick said a few weeks ago we werent that keen, but it sounded more like a throw-away line.
bloody hope not. Don't trust him to commit to Richmond. Or at all.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Brand and Gray off to the Swans.

Brand always confused me. Quick tall who can be great one-on-one but prone to mistakes where it would be the same mistake over and over.

Could have been a great footballer if he learned. Hawks fought hard to keep him 3 years ago too. But now dumped at 25.
Gray to the swans? Very interesting!

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
What about Jacob Townsend? Showed what he can do at the end of '17

Brand and Gray off to the Swans.

Brand always confused me. Quick tall who can be great one-on-one but prone to mistakes where it would be the same mistake over and over.

Could have been a great footballer if he learned. Hawks fought hard to keep him 3 years ago too. But now dumped at 25.

What was the mistake/mistakes he made over and over, just out of interest? Would be nice to know a bit more about what we are getting.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What was the mistake/mistakes he made over and over, just out of interest? Would be nice to know a bit more about what we are getting.

He seems gives away a lot of free kicks for grabbing the jumper. Surely after a few games you work out the umpires are watching closely.

I looked on AFL Tables and it didnt seem as bad as that. So maybe its more that it was right in the goal square and would lead to easy goals.

In terms of disposals he would tend to do the rushed kick, where Frawley is more controlled, and Sicily is elite.

I guess with Frost coming in Clarko only wants one key defender with questionable decision making to work on.

Physically he is strong and when thinking held his own. I suspect Clarko wanted the last of his hair not be wasted on him...

He seems gives away a lot of free kicks for grabbing the jumper. Surely after a few games you work out the umpires are watching closely.

I looked on AFL Tables and it didnt seem as bad as that. So maybe its more that it was right in the goal square and would lead to easy goals.

In terms of disposals he would tend to do the rushed kick, where Frawley is more controlled, and Sicily is elite.

I guess with Frost coming in Clarko only wants one key defender with questionable decision making to work on.

Physically he is strong and when thinking held his own. I suspect Clarko wanted the last of his hair not be wasted on him...
Might be OK for us. We've been lacking a key who can take the big forwards, and he seems big enough. We also tend to have a really structured defence, so he might not have to take so many rushed kicks (i hope). Just get it to Lloyd and Dawson by hand, and let them move it on. I'm pretty optimistic on him, to be honest.

Might be OK for us. We've been lacking a key who can take the big forwards, and he seems big enough. We also tend to have a really structured defence, so he might not have to take so many rushed kicks (i hope). Just get it to Lloyd and Dawson by hand, and let them move it on. I'm pretty optimistic on him, to be honest.
I've always liked him...but in clutch pressure moments his composure has been a bit ruffled.

Back