Preview Who gets the old heave ho for Freo? - Rd 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Another guy thats massively overrated is Robbie Gray.

Might have had maybe 5 genuinely good games in his career and mostly just gets gifted games based on his name. Give me an elite small like Stephen Milne, Eddie Betts or Chayse Jones over Gray any day.

He is definitely the least talented of three Gray brothers.

Why do we need Perth umpires? I'm sure they could have rustled up a couple of local umps that would be just as biased against Port as the Perth ones.

Well, you’ll be pleased to hear…..

15B501C5-5931-4BB1-A36D-694B5366BDE0.jpeg

Absolute bush league stuff.

If the AFL debut two umpires and have another two who ran ~15km the previous night and are flown in from the away team's home town but the game is Port Adelaide v Fremantle in the Sunday twilight so nobody actually watched, did it actually happen?

Might have had maybe 5 genuinely good games in his career and mostly just gets gifted games based on his name. Give me an elite small like Stephen Milne, Eddie Betts or Chayse Jones over Gray any day.
Oh definitely.

People are misunderstanding Hartlett. He is a natural back pocket/half back. He has been one of our most consistent performers for five or six years now. This is the first time in a long time he's had a significant down patch.
That is the point ... he is a "consistent" performer. At pick #4, he should have been so much more.

You cant post like this unless it is Sarcastica font, in CAPS, & BOLD

I remember when we decided to move HH back to defence. I thought it'd be the making of him. Really felt he'd finally deliver a season or two that matched his potential. Instead he's been nothing more than your average HBF.

A player like him should've been knocking on the door of AA at some stage but he has never even gone close.

He serves up a flashy patch of hard tough footy, or a skilled kick, or a few intercept grabs, or a burst through a pack once every 4-5 games, then disappears for the next few.

The worst part has always been his self preserving, never run at full tilt approach, in case he pinged the hammys. It's felt for many years like he just uses positioning to defend, as he is playing with intentionally limited pace. Pretty sure his chase down in the Dogs game was the first time I've seen him hit full tilt in 5 years.

Last edited:
All the SA fieldies tend to move to Melbourne. Curtis DeBoy and Eleni both have.
That is the problem. In a national competition why do umpires have to relocate to Melbourne in order to reach the top level? So we end up with almost all of the top level umpires based in Melbourne so when Melbourne goes into another inevitable lockdown there is chaos.

It's almost as this national competition is Victoria centric and umpires living "interstate" aren't considered good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why PAFC66 cops so much stick when this absolute fu**head continues to be the worst poster on this forum unabated and unchallenged. Have you ever posted anything that wasn't just shitcanning our players?
Your still angry that your Jasper prophecy didn't come to past, yes he,s still a turd burger with special sauce and it says a lot about your judgment, don't get angry, get better

I don't know why PAFC66 cops so much stick when this absolute fu**head continues to be the worst poster on this forum unabated and unchallenged. Have you ever posted anything that wasn't just shitcanning our players?
I did say MG will be better than Charlie dixon but I still maintain Marshall is a soft footballer who is a lazy runner but has potential if he learns to run all day

Both are Crows trolls, just call them campaigners and watch them squirm.

People are pretty harsh on Rozee. He's only in his third season. Some of the absolute greats in the current game took several years to become superstars. Dangerfield's first few seasons were nothing short of comical.
Just because Wingard was AA in his second season doesn't mean everyone is going to do that. Rozee will come good. Really good.

In his third season, playing predominantly forward, Dangerfield averaged 15 possessions a game and kicked 26 goals. Not sure I would describe that as ‘comical’.

You are right though that it wasn’t until his fifth season that he really took off as a high impact midfielder.

With respect to Rozee is first season was just so good that it makes it difficult to fairly judge seasons 2 and 3, though I don’t think there is much doubt that he has slipped below expectations this year.

Hopefully it proves to be a temporary dip...

underated

john who?

Roger James never had a season where he averaged more than 20 disposals a game. And only 5 with more than 14. It was an era where there was less over disposal. And he was a very good user of the ball. But I would describe him as a good complementary player within an already good squad. The kind that helped you get over the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back