Prediction Who gets to the next level in 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an update mate, myself and Dard Ball Get have agreed to smooch as the clock strikes midnight tomorrow xo

Will send details as I know you're in WA - won't want to miss it xoxo
Two of my favourite posters. I’m so happy for you both.

I hope he’s taking you somewhere nice.

Do you know the difference between an optimist and Dard Ball Get in the bubble bath?

Two of my favourite posters. I’m so happy for you both.

I hope he’s taking you somewhere nice.

Do you know the difference between an optimist and Dard Ball Get in the bubble bath?
Probably his den, have you seen it? Rivals the great Roman castles of the 15th century.

And no I don't- please do tell! I like surprises hehe xx

Probably his den, have you seen it? Rivals the great Roman castles of the 15th century.

And no I don't- please do tell! I like surprises hehe xx
He won’t take you straight to his den, because Mum has to give it the full spruce and lift when guests are coming over.

It will be somewhere nice that makes you feel comfortable (he’s thoughtful like that), and probably within walking distance of the Armadale train line.

My guess is Cave Man BBQ.

As for the difference, well, one has a soul full of hope.

Merry New Year George!

He won’t take you straight to his den, because Mum has to give it the full spruce and lift when guests are coming over.

It will be somewhere nice that makes you feel comfortable (he’s thoughtful like that), and probably within walking distance of the Armadale train line.

Merry New Year George!
1672362198750.gif

Merry New Year George!
Merry new year to you too mate, thanks for all your work on the board this year xo

Billings & Clark going to the next level, would be a dream.
I still like Bytel & hope he can rise & surprise.
Sharman to settle into a forward position.
Butler, Gresham & Higgins all 'star' consistently together as premier small-forwards.
Wanganeen-Milera to move ahead of Paton & Webster at Half-Back.
Hayes to come back & truly show us why he was such a great Sanfl player.
Coffield to come back healthy & in form.

Last edited:
Butler, Gresham & Higgins all 'star' consistently together as premier small-forwards.
Bytel stepping up would be monumental for us as his clearance capabilities are an area we have been lacking for some time. But, while I also have my fingers crossed for him, I'm not overly confident. I just think that Ross has little tolerance for the areas that he is lacking in (two way running).

Billings would also be great, but he has to do more than just return to form. He needs to find some career best form.

Bytel stepping up would be monumental for us as his clearance capabilities are an area we have been lacking for some time. But, while I also have my fingers crossed for him, I'm not overly confident. I just think that Ross has little tolerance for the areas that he is lacking in (two way running).

Billings would also be great, but he has to do more than just return to form. He needs to find some career best form.
Not sure wtf Seb Ross has to do with this ? Just saying.

You are talking in surnames.

Not sure wtf Seb Ross has to do with this ? Just saying.

You are talking in surnames.
got it GIF by Shock Top

Funny, l have JB and Hunter as the top 2 to be traded end of year.
You look at the rigs on the every player drafted in the last 5 years and l reckon Hunter just won't be able to make up the ground.
Hope l'm wrong though....

How we manage no MK Ultra will be a decisive factor, Id love to see Sharman take it to another level. Need to embrace the absence of MK as opportunity. I think Higgo is primed for a huge season. DMac will bring it under RTB. Gonna be a huge year. I really hope Billings steps up, doubtful he becomes the guy but even a 20% better output would be huge. He def has it in him if he gets that confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From pre season reports and seeing him run, Bytel looks to be running very well. He be close to Windy for the biggest improved tank I would think

How we manage no MK Ultra will be a decisive factor, Id love to see Sharman take it to another level. Need to embrace the absence of MK as opportunity. I think Higgo is primed for a huge season. DMac will bring it under RTB. Gonna be a huge year. I really hope Billings steps up, doubtful he becomes the guy but even a 20% better output would be huge. He def has it in him if he gets that confidence.
That's the thing with JB. If his body is right, I feel like Ross could be the perfect coach to ensure he gets the best out of himself. He'll be given a defined role and he won't be guaranteed a game like he was with Richo and Ratts. Could really be the making of him.

I think were at the stage now where we all know he isn't going to be the star of the comp we all thought he'd be, but if he can become a solid 2nd tier player in our team below the likes of Steele/Sincs/King etc then that'll go along way to helping us take the next step. Little bit different style of player but Essentially what Shane Edwards was to Richmond from 2017 onwards.

There is an argument for numerous players to improve

Yup.

All but a small handful of our best 22 are in their prime years, yet haven't played career best football consistently for a long time and/or haven't gotten close to realising their obvious potential.

Sure it will likely take half a season or more for them all to be applying ross' new gameplan, but by the end of the season we should see at least half a dozen best 22 guys go up a level.

Yup.

All but a small handful of our best 22 are in their prime years, yet haven't played career best football consistently for a long time and/or haven't gotten close to realising their obvious potential.

Sure it will likely take half a season or more for them all to be applying ross' new gameplan, but by the end of the season we should see at least half a dozen best 22 guys go up a level.
Agree. It should reveal a lot about the playing group. Lyon's way is very much "buy in" or "buy out".

Crouch to me will benefit from Lenny being in his ear. Still plenty of upside.
Would love to see Marshall make the most of the #1 ruck spot, provided his body holds up.
So much potential with our youth it’s impossible to say where to start. NWM however looks very likely as someone that will flourish in the fast movement styles we seem to be embracing.

I have really high hopes for Jack Bytel in 2023.
I think the boss style of coaching and game plan could really suit Bytel.
Steele Crouch Windy should do most of the grunt work but I won’t be surprised to see Bytel have a break out year.
I’m so uncertain what 2023 will bring and on the other hand I’m super excited to see what it will bring.
I think we’re in good hands.

That's the thing with JB. If his body is right, I feel like Ross could be the perfect coach to ensure he gets the best out of himself. He'll be given a defined role and he won't be guaranteed a game like he was with Richo and Ratts. Could really be the making of him.

I think were at the stage now where we all know he isn't going to be the star of the comp we all thought he'd be, but if he can become a solid 2nd tier player in our team below the likes of Steele/Sincs/King etc then that'll go along way to helping us take the next step. Little bit different style of player but Essentially what Shane Edwards was to Richmond from 2017 onwards.

Farren Ray is basically the perfect exemplar for JB, right down to even both being #3 picks too?!

Both looked promising elite talents early but hit a plateau.
The only difference being that ray got the shake up he needed moving to us, and thrived as a rock solid role player under RL.

Lets hope JB follows Ray in doing similar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back