Prediction Who gets to the next level in 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Higgins - started the season like a house on fire until injury interrupted his form. Seemed to really struggle for confidence after that and his fitness looked to have gone backwards

Hunter Clark - Has had a horrid run with injury and has been under a coach that didn’t seem to have the nuts to push players to their limits. I think many have forgotten how good Clark was prior to having his faced caved in and he will surprise a few this year if his body holds up

Marcus Windhager - Just got better as the year went on last year. Seems to already be setting the standards on the track.

Clearly we need tall guys with forward craft to step up, the noise so far seems like Allison has gone past Sharman
Sharman is apparently training well & has put on more size, don't know what area of the ground he is training at though? But, as he has runs on the board e.g. end of 2021. I'd be banking on RTB giving him a forward role come 1st Round, ahead of Allison, who would of, have to had? an incredibly improved pre-season so far, to warrant the gig. Lets wait for the pre-season games to make a call on Allison, me reckon's.

Sharman is apparently training well & has put on more size, don't know what area of the ground he is training at though? But, as he has runs on the board e.g. end of 2021. I'd be banking on RTB giving him a forward role come 1st Round, ahead of Allison, who would of, have to had? an incredibly improved pre-season so far, to warrant the gig. Lets wait for the pre-season games to make a call on Allison, me reckon's.
They're both training as forwards and Sharman is well ahead. Most are just pleased Allison is showing anything at all.

1. Windhager
Safe bet, good form last year and great off season.

2. Jack Higgins
Ross knows how to get the best out of a small forward- people forget how hot he was early last year.

3. Dougal Howard
26 years old, will thrive in a side with more structure- could be one who makes a big difference if he takes his game to another level

Don't know what year he will explode but explode he will..

Owens - That game last year where he broke even with Sicily as a defensive forward and had the muscle to go with him as a first year player. I could watch the team for him alone seeing his progress. I think he has so much upside. He was raw as last year and his ceiling is a ways off, yet in my opinion he can get to a level few will reach.

Breakout this year..

Coffield - Only negative about his game is between the ears as when he's on he was very, very promising. After this long layoff i am hoping to see a more mature hardened version of himself. Could he become the saints version of Sicily?

King - I had him earmarked for this year as his breakout for a couple of years. Shoulder issue doesn't concern me. Hope he tears some games up.

Big week for the Saints coming up. The new coaching group get their ideas tested in the cauldron of competitive inter club football, and I expect Ross Lyon will begin the process of assessing them on their merits.

I am hoping we get a first glimpse of Phillipou, and really want to assess for myself the growth in Windhager and Owens. Hoping that Clark and Gresham are back at their damaging best and that Jones looks set for a big year on ball.

Can’t fecking wait.

9b5d5aba199d399f62918d0bb13239e6.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back